Immediate gear selling regret

My Doepfer A-188-1D. Sold it some months ago with a lot of other modules, because I redesigned my rack almost from scratch. It is the only module I miss. It’s very much noisy, if you filter the output can obtain some dirty and umpredictable sounds… that I miss. May be I’ll buy it again.

Sold one of my two Bogner Harlows here in the marketplace a little over a year ago. Needed to pay bills, afford Christmas, etc.
Though I was glad I still held onto one, I preferred them on stereo sources, so the single one set idle since. This saddened me.

Then Bogner discontinued the V1 with Neve transformer, and came out with a V2. V1s were either hard to find or more expensive than ever.

Finally found a good deal on a second the other day. Looking forward to putting the pair on my Typhon/Pro 2 and make those thick synths even thicker. Love how the Harlow enhances lows and highs without sacrificing the mid frequencies.

2 Likes

Guitar stuff I miss:

• H&K Blues Master (12AX7 preamp/12AU7 power amp) Noisy but tiny full-tube amp. ~4 watts.
  • Lexicon Signature 284 (3x12AX7 preamp/2xEL84 power amps) Designed by John McIntyre. Stereo FX loop. Quieter and thicker than a Vox AC15. Bargain. Stereo 3 watts.
  • H&K Tubeman MK2 (12AX7) Looked nice on the pedlaboard, but thin-sounding.
  • Tube Works Blue Tube pedal (12AU7) Favorite sweetener. They should make a stereo version for synth-heads. Starved-plate design, but sounded great as a sweetener.
  • Tech 21 Sansamp GT2. Good with a tube preamp like the Blue Tube in front.
1 Like

i regretted selling the moog prodigy, moog voyager, ensoniq asr10, akai mpc60ii, cocoquantus, plumbutter, and meng qi sidraw.

but not the octatrack :slight_smile: sold it twice just to make sure.

2 Likes

Sold my AR and A4 MK I like an idiot. This was in the beginning of the modular boon and I wanted to make space and raise money for a eurorack system. What a dumb move!!!

5 Likes

No regrets. I do miss my Nintendo switch if that counts

1 Like

lol MISTAKE. switch is so dope. i get annoyed sometimes when it slows down but then realize half the time it’s just bad ports or indie game issues. but there’s so many games. it’s by far my fave system even over pc gaming.

1 Like

Yeah big mistake. But then again this was way early when there’s not so much titles to play. I finished Zelda and Mario Odyssey and had nothing else to play

2 Likes

Can semi-relate
My son begged me (BEGGED!!!) for a Switch right about when they came out
The extended family and I chipped in and bought him one for Christmas (i cant remember how much it was, but i think they were close to $500 back then, at least $400)
He played through a few games and then sold it to a friend of his for $150 and a trade on a very old Wii.
He blew all the money on candy and he never even plugged the Wii in.
I was LIVID…
and i immediately regretted Purchasing that gear for him, but i regretted his sale even more.

6 Likes

:point_up: Brutal. I think I’m done buying things for my kid; been burnt too many times now. They are interested in it for like a week and then they are back on their phone. I am doing experiences - travel, unique sports - as presents from now on.

I don’t regret it but I miss having the option of using my Mother-32. I so wish they would sell that OSC as a module.

5 Likes

I think you did well to be honest

1 Like

Can understand the rage, especially having spent precious family goodwill credits, but don’t be too angry. It’s a good description of the trajectory of desire in general. Plus, you can use it against him, forever.

2 Likes

I don’t regret getting a eurorack setup. I just regret selling the AR/A4 to obtain it. On the a positive note the DT and DN have been adequate replacements.

1 Like

Oh no… I didn’t stay mad for long at all.
I got to use the “I’m not angry, son, just disappointed.” Which cuts more than anger anyhow…

4 Likes

I don’t have regret for selling but i plan to buy the following back at some point in the future as I loved them all:

-MS-20 Mini
-Jaguar HH
-Something in the line 6 helix line. I’ve owned the full helix and the hx stomp, will probably get a helix LT once they release something new and fancy and everyone’s dumping them on the used market. Wish there were more knobs on them but they sound amazing.

My JU-06, was bored of it and thought the Digitone would solve all my synth issues. I figured the tone was too much work for spontaneous jamming.

I ordered the JU-06a, it actually have more features the original reissue doesn’t.

1 Like

Epic regret selling both these… was just burnt out at the time and ‘done’ with music and gear.

• Alesis Andromeda A6
  • Studio Electronics ATC-X

I was original owner and they were immaculate condition when sold. They both went to the same buyer and while it was a ‘fair’ price at the time it’s crazy for what either would cost me to replace and I’d likely never find either in the same condition. They cost 2-3x now, so getting either is not much of an option.

Mostly regret selling:

• Waldorf Microwave XT
  • Roland SH-101

The SH-101 I just sold stupidly cheap in '96-'97 not realizing what I had (completely naive and no clue). The Waldorf wasn’t the most fun to program at the time, but genuinely unique sound. All of the wavetable VSTi’s don’t itch the same scratch. An Iridium is definitely in my future at some point.

4 Likes

I merely regret having bought things like ESI-4000 (instead of MPC 2000), well that was the time we went to shops and were councelled by trained sales stuff. Other disappointments were E-Mu Vintage Keys+, Novation Bass Station (OG), mam mb33, doepfer MS-404, Boss DR-550, matrix 1000. I am so glad finally having sold these burdens. One shouldn’t stick to things that don’t make happy. Sometimes I miss the Boss DR-55 (gift to a friend), DR-110 (no proper sync), DX200. Sometimes, only sometimes…

My Analog Heat MKII. I missed it the day after I sold it and found out the Heat was more important in my setup than I thought.

Rebought it after a week.

3 Likes

My old Tascam 246 multitrack tape recorder. Sold for peanuts about 10 years ago. Missed the eq’s. Looked recently for one… and whoa… sticker shock.

2 Likes