Immediate gear selling regret

Both

3 Likes

OP-1: I wouldnā€™t call it ā€œregretā€ necessarily, but I still miss sampling into my Digitakt (another piece I sold) using the OP-1. I just couldnā€™t justify the price of it considering its steep compromises; lack of seamless integration with the rest of my gear, horrible reverb. It was still a fun, quirky piece of gear I enjoyed using, but sold it for an A4 MK2 a few months ago. It was one of those things that frustrated the hell out of me and inspired me simultaneously, but I much prefer the A4.

Digitone: A casualty of my gear sale when I ā€˜upgradedā€™ my Digitakt to a Rytm. It would have been nice to have an extra few voices to go with the A4 and it didnā€™t take up a lot of space.

Minitaur: I havenā€™t been able to get the same low-end from my setup since I sold it. Itā€™s on my short-list on things to buyā€¦but kids are expensive.

3 Likes

Amen, brother.

Incidentally, i sold and re-bought a Minotaur too. i have other boxes for low-end, but i didnā€™t realize how special the Minotaur was until it was gone.

1 Like

It wasnā€™t immediate, but I kind of resent selling my Electribe 2. It, and my Volcas were sold to get funds for the Model: Cycles, and soon after Digitone. I liked using the pads to play, and sequencing on it made easy sense. Plus pattern chaining and synth sound sculpting.

Might save up to fill that groovebox shaped hole with an MC-101 or 707.

1 Like

I should have kept mine for the Pads but also for all those Scales available.

1 Like

The biggest gear selling regret has to be to let go my DSI Sequential Tempest 4 years ago.

I can only talk about it today because I finally got a hold of one again.

It has been a long journey. @circuitghost can understand me I know it.

Now it is back here to stay. Until the end of time.

:space_invader: :love_letter: :japanese_ogre: :raccoon:

7 Likes

Do I ever, man.

If we ever run into each other in that context which the kids call IRL, letā€™s sit down with our Tempest brothers and jam until the sun rises again.

5 Likes

I sold my ESQ-1 (for good money) knowing that it would foment instant regret, my rationale being that it wouldnā€™t fit on my desk in my revamped setup. Now another one in better condition has come into my life, in a trade for something I donā€™t useā€¦ I figure it can just lean against the wall to be pulled out for an occasional sampling/recording session.

1 Like

:disappointed_relieved:
Yikes on all fronts. Thanks for warning me about Alaska.

After a very badly organized show put on by friends I felt like just giving up on music, sold my A4, Nord lead 2x, Eventide space, and some minifoogers.

I was young and naive at the time, iā€™m happy to be fully immersed in music production again but regret letting go of my first electronic instruments.

Wait didnā€™t I get an ESQ-1 from you as a trade?

:loopy:

Yep. The things seem to follow me around :slight_smile:

The one Iā€™m picking up today will be the fourth Iā€™ve had (I thinkā€¦)

1 Like

The problem with not having a tea/coffee-getter experience in a real studio and not having a lot of musician friends that are into engineering wonkery means that I occasionally mess up because I donā€™t understand workflow.

I sold two Samson S-Patch Plus-es in the recent past and now Iā€™ve purchased 3 of them with a real vision in my head of how to connect it all.

People here and elsewhere are usually helpful when I have specific questions, but abstract questions are often too subjective for persons to opine on so I struggle with ā€œhow should I configure my studio?ā€ from time to time.

I sold 5 moogerfoogers and the sherman filter bank 4 years ago very cheap cause had no money. horror

5 Likes

Not all immediate but I have bought and then sold way too much gear in the last few years, multiple cycles of GAS, purchasing, feeling bad about spending and not having time to use things, selling, regret, GASā€¦ on repeat

Now Iā€™m more comfortable with the kit I have. Iā€™m (a bit) more experienced and I have a justification for (nearly) everything I have based on functions & sound.

I have sold and then re-bought, as I missed them too much:
MN 0-coast (third unit)
Boss SP-303 (second unit)
Abstrakt Avalon (second unit)
Novation BSII (second unit)

I have sold and not yet re-bought (but still miss them):
MD UW mkII
Monomachine
Dreadbox Nyx v1
Yamaha DX200 (twice)
Electribe ER1
MPC 1000 (twice, now own a 2500)
Minibrute

All of this time could have been spent making music of course. The first hardware I bought was an MPC1000. If I could go back I would stick with this alone, and learn to use it properly, rather than buying more stuff and dividing my focus. Like people advised me to at the time of course!

7 Likes

https://www.elektronauts.com/t/fs-us-toraiz-as-1-mpc-s/155413

I was gonna, but its not in the cards right nowā€¦
I also regret selling this, and I did perfer them to the 2500 for the sake of portability.
When (not if) I grab one again, iā€™m for sure gonna do the battery mod.

1 Like

Same here, I sold my 1000 to get a 2500 cuz I thought I needed the extra Q-links and assignable outs. I barely ever use either of those things, and totally miss the size of the 1000. Also the jogwheel on the 1000 is lightyears better than the one on the 2500. Seeing that battery mod just added insult to injury. After I sold that, years ago, the regret was so high that Iā€™ve literally never sold anything after that!

1 Like

Lol. Last time I read this thread was up to January 25th. This was the top post.

Howā€™s that new dfam? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m such a twat.

:joy:

3 Likes

There is a rumor on a poly NYX which might be a food reason to drop a bunch of cash and get your NYX back

1 Like