Immediate gear selling regret

I didnt last too long with the tempest.
Wonder if i should give it another go, but have a feeling ill end up in the same boat.

I recently bought a THIRD one of these (v1). Keeping it this time!

The v2 is cheaper on reverb, is the v2 not as good or very different?

1 Like

v2 has more patch points and I think some other things like longer LFO time, but the reverb circuit is different (most people seem to prefer the v1 reverb, including me) and I prefer the form factor of the v1.
But yes, they are generally the same/a bit more than the v2 used!

All the Moogerfoogers, Eventide Eclipse and RE-201 Space Echo

3 Likes

Ooof

2 Likes

Note: all of them. Multiples.

I recently sold my DT and DN. :cry:

This made ample desk space for my Nyx v1 to come out of storage. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

My dear OB-6. If youā€™re out there, reading this, I miss you.

16 Likes

Okā€¦ā€˜sighā€™ā€¦all of these Iā€™ve regretted:
Cwejman S1 Mk2
Monomachine SFX-6
Roland Jupiter 4
Emax SE HD
Roland V-synth XT
Quasimidi Polymorph (specially designed unit made for Klaus Shultze)
Eventide DSP4000 with Italoā€™s unimaginable presets
Pittsburgh SV-1 blackbox
AS Telemark V2
Roland MKS-70
Roland Juno-106

Many more have come and gone but not really regretting (AR and MD UW being here as examples).

8 Likes

Iā€™m going to buy back my electribe grey tomorrow.
Sold it in pandemic panic half a year ago and been missing in all kinds of situations. Fortunately, I sold it to a very kind person.

5 Likes

Its the best when they person you sold something to allows you to buy it back.
If they sell it back to me at a lower price, I still give them what they gave me.

4 Likes

Never let polymorph go despite it sounds horrible: )

Do u think that special version was any different from regular?

1 Like

Kinda missing Roland SH2, lovely sounding synth, but Iā€™ve ā€œtradedā€ it for Polyend Medusa and TR8s, and technically can trade it back any time, but I guess if I have it now I would do the same again.

Minor regret about letting go Waldorf MW2, but again feed up with it and Iā€™d better wait for new machine from W.

No regrets about selling dozens of Polyvoxes for 100$, it was a lot of them here back in the dayz. Still wouldnā€™t mind to have one in the basement now, but no real need.

8 track fostex reel -to-reelā€¦ not reallyā€¦ was telling myself that I will have time to fix it for decadesā€¦ nonono)

Juno 60ā€¦ same story - lovely instrument but no real need to have it, and I like Prophet 6 a bit better : )

1 Like

One thing I REALLY regret is selling old EHX flanger from 70s for nothingā€¦ the tone was killer, and it was no reason to sell itā€¦ I have another 70s revision (big one ) but that particular copy just was magicalā€¦ now itā€™s about 500$ and I donā€™t need it much but still it was so stupidā€¦

NEVER SELL MAGIC THINGS!

6 Likes

No, I think it was only the black case and moogish knobs that were different from the original.

2 Likes

I spent endless nights in early 00s programming it and making very strange music, plus it traveled around the word with me so many timesā€¦ really itā€™s like a non stop deja vu machine 4 meā€¦ even despite I keep it in closet and almost never use it nowadays, i I replaced panel with pots recently, just to keep it in good shapeā€¦ true machine love story : ) but yeah, it sounds super thin and soft, filters are discrete and super digital, and the character is very specialā€¦ but still very unique. Soā€¦ keeper : )

1 Like

This is the mantra!

2 Likes

That said, I like the car repairs, home deposit, health care, and occasional bills that require me to part with my old loves.

Also, Iā€™m not made of money, canā€™t properly visualize my workflow by reading spec, without taking a product home with me, and my god I do not have enough space to keep everything Iā€™ve ever touched.

2 Likes

Almost sold my second digitone today.
Yeah, you know you do a last jamā€¦ā€¦ and Iā€™ll keep it.

Perhaps wrong thread, but anywayā€¦

1 Like