Immediate gear selling regret

Still regret selling my DN. Will probably rebuy as a Christmas gift to myself :blush:

1 Like

There is Halloween before Xmas :innocent:

1 Like

Well, I didnā€™t immediately regret selling my 2nd Octatrack, but my 3rd one comes tomorrow, soooooā€¦

10 Likes

Acidlab Bassline MK1.

Small, metal, sounded really really strong and had a weird way of programming which equates to more machinefĆ¼nk nonsense than even a real 303.

Sold because it didnā€™t have midi-in (which I thought I needed). That was an error.

1 Like

Clavia MicroModular, i was effraid to not find a way to use the editor on new os, the regret came when i was doing the demo for the futur owner lol
Yamaha CS15, it was a great synth i like every lead i did with it, but vintage wasnā€™t for me, i was to stressed if there was a failure on it.
Monomachine Mk1 did a lot of track on it but knobs started to fail => i found a sfx60+ later

Get a Zoia euroburo :wink:

1 Like

Can you describe simply? Iā€™ve got an Avalon forever away so Iā€™m not going to buy it, but Iā€™m interested to know what they do right (assuming itā€™s a compliment and not an insult :stuck_out_tongue: )

My Hydrasynth Keysā€¦

ā€¦but only until the Deluxe version ships, and maybe the Waldorf M. :wink:

Had to buy a new laptop though because my old one diedā€¦

1 Like

Of course. A picture = a thousand words :slight_smile:

I like how mechanical the simple sequencer is. It has more in common with an industrial machine than it does a piano.

The ā€˜midi-inā€™ is only clock.

14volts!

3 Likes

I just sold my Moog Matriarch, we had some good times but I had to let it go.

1 Like

I sold a lot of gear before moving to Shanghai including the Korg Prophecy. Felt sad to see it go and now every time I read a post about this synth I wish I had kept it because a) it was my first ever synth, and really my first experience with synthesis b) I remember getting sounds out of it that I havenā€™t heard since in any software or hardware synth c) it was built like a tank.

I know theyā€™re on ebay etc. but itā€™s not easy to get stuff shipped here. Might have to pick one up next time I travel home for a visit if I can.

3 Likes

I sold my first 4-track recorder (Korg CR-4 CR-4 - 4 TRACK CASSETTE TAPE RECORDER | KORG (EU - DE) ) at the age of 19 to a friend who then unfortunately broke it along with all the other stuff in his room when his girlfriend broke up with him. What an idiot!
I loved the recorder, it taught me how to create tracks.
I also had a Boss DR-670, bass guitar and a microphone with it and recorded lo-fi music.
I miss that recorder.
If anyone has one left or find it somewhere, let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sold the Moog Sound Studio and replaced with Digitone Keys, modular just isnā€™t my thing. Zero regrets. Was nice to learn that through semi-modular though rather than shelling out for bits and pieces.

I liked the Subh, could buy again. The Dfam less so. But maybe without patching I wasnā€™t getting the right usage out of it. Still, in some ways I did like the dfam, it could be a useful sound design tool, but Iā€™m happy now I have the Digitone which is more versatile for me right now.

Iā€™m sort of pining for an OT again. It would be my 3rd. With the DNK in the mix it could be nice to have back. And lately Iā€™m thinking Iā€™d make better use of the Slices mode, which iā€™d previously never used much.

But I donā€™t need one for a while. The DNK has so many features, every night Iā€™m in some other pocket of it.

A part of me wants an MD, but it feels old and pricey. Interested to see what the Syntakt is, otherwise I would love something that was a little bit more of a groove box station, it could be the OT. The DNK serves a great purpose as my mother keyboard now, whether internal or external, and has a lot of depth for the meantime.

1 Like

My sp404sx, i bought it new in 2010 for 350ā‚¬,now itā€™s 500ā‚¬ā€¦and it would be a nice add to my digitakt.

I sold the keyboard version of the Monomachine when moving overseas (cross graded to the desktop version). I really regret this.

2 Likes

Sold an Emax II rack in ā€˜98 before going to uni. :disappointed:
Gave away an Atari Stacey laptop circa 2006. :disappointed:

In ā€˜89 I worked in a music shop and remember selling a used Yamaha CS-40 for Ā£40uk.
Also a Fender Rhodes for Ā£250uk.
I also had a chance to buy a TB-303 for Ā£60uk.

3 Likes

If you have others I would be really happy to participate in your next regret ā€¦ :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

And there was September 25th before that. New DN is on its way :joy::face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Youā€™ve won this thread my friend :star_struck: :grimacing:

1 Like

The ONLY thread you donā€™t want to win! :laughing:

4 Likes