Immediate gear selling regret

I’m sorry for your loss!! They’re wonderfully quirky guitars, I own a red 81 myself, my only vintage Fender so to speak

1 Like

i don’t feel regrets. regrets are caused by negative engrams. give me a shout if you want to know more and have a free personality test

4 Likes

You seen the prices for a good condition sp-1200 these days?!

yes… lol

1 Like

Yeah I sold my 909 and 303 at some point cuz they were just worth too much and could be replaced with software. Now I have the sh01a ands tr-09 someone lent me. They are just as good and sound great. When I want some acid, I just micro dose now. Don’t regret any of it.

1 Like

I had an OP-1 for a while that I regret selling. Hysterically, I sold it back to the same person I bought it from (for a profit). He essentially paid me to hold onto it for a year or so…Thanks again!!

Also regret selling:

Nord Lead 2x in rack form - sold it to get a JU-06 because I thought the JU-06 would be easier to travel with. didn’t like the JU-06 form factor at all, or really the sound that much
Traynor 40 watt guitar amp - kind of sleeper amps, imo
My first real synth, Roland JX3P. Used it a bunch but I thought the Juno 60/106 would suit me better. Miss that thing a lot. I had the PG-300 controller too. Sold it to Mac DeMarco actually.

Good thread, memories!!

4 Likes

delete

1 Like

immediate regret: GAP Pre73 MKII

slow burn regret: analog rytm, digitakt, evolver

ALMOST sold my A4 MK2, but finally recognized it would be a HUGE regret. The potential buyer already tried it out in my studio and was jamming nicely for like half an hour. But then he was like “Well, if you REALLY want to sell it, i can buy it next week when i receive my paycheck.”
The way he pronounced that word “REALLY” stayed in my head for the next days and made me rethink my selling decision, so finally i told him after a few days that i changed my mind. Of course he was disappointed, but i’m so glad now that i didn’t sell because i use the A4 more than ever…

6 Likes

Right now I am seriously jonesing for yet another Analog Rytm Mk1. I sold mine only a month or so ago (along with some other things) in preparation for a move. I needed money for the move and assumed I’d have less space. Now as I’m setting up the new studio, it is haunting me and the empty space where it used to reside is taunting me. I was afraid I’d regret this one. I am very happy with our new home, but a house just doesn’t feel like a home without a Rytm, I guess! At least I can get another one, so my regret doesn’t run too deeply, nor must it be everlasting.

5 Likes

My ND2, why did I do that? I can’t find it anywhere for sale online!

4 Likes

I had the MC101 and after the initial euphoria of a new purchase, I couldn’t get rid of it quick enough. Never looked back.
Frustrating to use.

I sold a Digitakt and missed it dearly. Had to sell to pay an unforeseen bill from a robbing utility company.

Other than that I’ve never felt anything was really irreplaceable

Midiverb II. Cheap but great for that old IDM sound. I can pickup another one for cheap, though I wish I would’ve just kept it in the first place.

hoooo baby huge mistake :frowning:

1 Like

oooof, same! :grimacing:

I should have just boxed it and put it in the closet. probably just bought a few dumb pedals that didn’t even last with the $400 I sold it for too.
smh

Volca Drum has proven to be a solid alternative for me, though.

can’t think of anything I immediately regret selling, but plenty that I (eventually) regretted enough to purchase again. some examples: Machinedrum, Monomachine, Octatrack, Sidstation, Cwejman S1, 0 Coast, Moog DFAM and Mother32, Roland Space Echo RE-201, Roland Juno 106, Jomox XBase 09 and 888, …, probably a lot more I’m forgetting…

on the category of stuff I regret selling, but can’t afford/justify/find now:

• Oxford OSCar. paid $1800, sold for $3k. goes for $4-5k now.
  • Rozzbox V2. paid $1k, sold for slightly more. goes for $3k-ish now, if you can find one.
  • Korg/Univox Maxikorg. paid $1k, sold for slightly more. ones in good shape with cv/gate mods go for $3k-ish now.
  • Formanta Polivoks. paid $1k, sold for slightly less. rare to find one in the states with the right mods.
  • TR-909. paid $700, sold for $1k. goes for close to $4k now.

Ouch the Maxi-Korg sale is brutal, what a wonderful synth! Maybe you’ll meet again someday!

1 Like

ugh. I’d love one. I had one briefly that did nothing but act up on me, even though the seller said he’d just had it serviced. sent it back to him, he had it serviced again (allegedly), and it came back to me with the same issues. dissolved the sale. so now I would only pick one up that’s been completely overhauled and sold by a reputable seller.

I had a similar experience with a Crumar DS2. incredible sounding synth, but one of the most finicky synths ever made. very few are still functioning.

1 Like

I found mine when I worked at a local music store and someone tried to trade it in on a Triton… owner refused it because it was “too old”. Needless to say I followed the guy out to the parking lot and offered him $200. It was dusty but perfect.
Soon after I saw what they were going for on EBay and sold it for 6x that.

1 Like

Sequential Pro One. I don’t even remember why I sold it, but I rue the day. No other synth I’ve ever encountered sounds as close to “pure electricity” as the Pro One.

Kawai K5000s. I’m probably idealizing this one, it was a bitch to program. but it could sound like nothing else at the time, and it looked like the future sitting in my studio.

Roland Juno 106. Had one in the 90s. Sold it. Missed it. Bought a decent condition fixer-upper 106 last winter, thinking I would flip it. It’s still in my studio. I just can’t quit this synth.

4 Likes