Intellijel Cascadia

Going to see what else comes up in the next couple months from these trade shows. I’m very hopeful make noise and Alessandro Cortini next product is on its way. But otherwise, I do think this is very fairly priced.

1 Like

Hmm unsure, if it is like the midi1u utility app you can’t really get a look at the options you have until you actually plug in the device… midi1u has pretty much the same io and has duomode (or more with expander) so there definitely is some possibility of a duo mode via the utility app.

1 Like

DivKid said something about the MIDI being configurable on the app, so it might be available.

Finding it incredible to see the differences of reaction between here and Reddit

People there mostly complained about the price and jesus fucking christ they’re comparing it to Doepfer and Ladik saying it would be cheaper

2 Likes

Yeah it’s a good value compared to creating something similar in Eurorack

I have a good amount of the functionality covered in Intellijel modules already, but I would rather have this :grimacing:

One thing I am not sure about is the ergonomics. It looks like a lot of short throw sliders.

1 Like

Seems dangerously fun.
Muting this thread.

17 Likes

One of the videos has it next to some Intellijel eurorack modules and the throw on the Cascadia looks a fair bit better than on the modules.

They’re not 2600 long, but probably just about long enough.

Here it is.

3 Likes

i love intellijel and this looks damn fine. would’ve wanted a little more for the price - maybe a 3rd osc, a planar, tiny metropolix, etc. think the matrix mixer and joystick on the syntrx is a big draw for the price point, and i’m seeing a little too much bread and butter here.

1 Like

I wish that this Cascadia had come out five years ago as I would have bought it as my first modular. Anyways now it’s a want versus need and while it looks fantastic, I already have a lot of modular in large and portable formats so I’ll pass for now. But I would like to have seen Intellijel put their new Metropolis sequencer in this system. No sequencer is the weak part of it. Erica Synths to me has the best all in one modular portable system with a good dedicated sequencer in their Black and Techno portable modular systems. Maybe I sell off a couple the smaller modulars and go with an Erica Systems Techno system.

3 Likes

I am in the opposite situation, no Eurorack but plenty of sequencers. This product would be ideal for me, except I don’t have budget for it right now. Whereas if I had been buying modular for the last five years, I’d probably be a little less hesitant.

Looking forward to hearing some more demos!

3 Likes

What are the four screws around the pitch knobs for? Trim pots? I wonder how well this thing stays in tune?

Pots for calibrating the vco’s. You probably won’t ever have to use them unless the tracking is off. Good to have them on the front.

I guess these are all shipping out monday… should be in peoples hands next week!

1 Like

Where did you hear that they are shipping out on Monday?

Asked intellijel on an instagram post they made and they said Monday they are shipping out.

3 Likes

I think it’s a bit of a shame there is no sequencer on board and I wish they could have squeezed in their 1u digiverb somewhere.

Saying that though I’m worried at how fucking disco this would be paired with my Metropolix, Queen of Pentacles and my new Stolperbeats. Trying to get together a setup that contains as much functionality would be expensive indeed and certainly wouldn’t be as compact.

Bloody hell!
Need? No.
Want? Yes.

First new thing thats made me go ‘oooh’ for quite a while.

11 Likes

if any lovely elektronauts want a small discount ordering a cascadia from the US please send me a message, it’s not an affiliate link or anything but would love to pass on my discount to someone
edit: have shared this with someone already don’t dm me hehe

Wow, it’s (13.7x9.7x2.6") only a little bigger than a Palette 62hp case (12.8x8x2").