Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

now i know it exactly… i’m getting older, thx Elektron :smirk:

you’ll want to send your PCB back then, pay them big $ and still cross your fingers because it’s currently impossible on MKi units

in other words … never gonna happen, just look at the signal diagram and the countless threads on this

2 Likes

When you say MIDI sequencing do you mean sequencing external gear from the A4?

What I want to know (and can’t see an answer above) is can you compose a song/pattern on the A4 and export the MIDI per track to Ableton (or whatever DAW) or is only the audio sent?

seems unlikely given the voice architecture

1 Like

Why so ?

Not looking like this is any more possible than it is now on the MKi

1 Like

Any official answer? I want to be able to sketch on the A4 but then arrange in Ableton and play back as MIDI (i.e. A4 sequencer off). This should be a basic feature no?

The samples are mono … and if it has, quote, ‘very DT inspired’ sampling, then I imagine it’ll be the same … stereo samples are of no use to it, so I see no clear reason to push the OS that way although it’d be handy for resampling and exporting … but I just do not see it tbh

3 Likes

I agree. What’s the point of stereo samples in a rytm?

I mean Ca’mon guys… one premium OB license per machine? Why not per PC like a dongle? Then you can use/buy multiple machines and run them parallel through the same OB. I guess you have to make your money somewhere but seriously… per machine? It doesn’t seem fair!

3 Likes

is there a buyback option for mk1’s?

You can stream a lot of audio tracks over USB 2.0, even 32 or 64 should be no problem.

1 Like

Nope and never will.

There is no bottleneck, USB 2.0 is sufficient. Original A4/R devices run at 1.1 speed and that’s why they have restricted channel count … new devices have way more bandwidth

besides, why exclude owners of older pc hardware when you don’t need to

2 Likes

I hope the used marketplace is friendly to mk1 but I kinda doubt it… goodbye $

:fearful::fearful::fearful::fearful::fearful::fearful::fearful::fearful::fearful::fearful::fearful::fearful::fearful::fearful: :heart_eyes:

Damn, I HAVE to get them all !!!

7 Likes

Are you for real ?
What is the uses of stereo samples ?
I don’t know maybe stereo…
All your drums are mono dude ?
Get on the level

That’s what I thought until I realized that the OT is no longer in the same trinity

1 Like

I reckon it sounds like an AK

2 Likes

You can’t do that, no. It would be quite easy to implement and many have requested MIDI sequencing feature, but Elektron has refused to implement it even in A4 mk2.

I can’t see any reason for leaving MIDI sequencing out on a 1500€ sequencing device in 2017 except that they want to sell OT/DT and have purposefully crippled A4mk2 because of that. I know they don’t care, but personally, I’m not buying any of their devices because of those business decisions.

2 Likes