Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

Me too. Two years - bit the bullet, and now a couple days later I am rather unsure. Oh, the dilemma…

running individual drum sounds of out the AR in stereo would be a major, diaper inducing pain in the arse

2 Likes

As you love it, don’t worry. Use it…learn it…enjoy it…and trade up in 6-12 months if there’s a MKII … after all the reviews are out :wink:

What features from the A4 mk II would actually benefit the AK mk I in a substantial way? It already has indiv.outs. CV ins? isnt every other change just cosmetic? Oh yeah, more ob bandwidth… but isnt the current ob bandwidth enough for the four voices already?

1 Like

Great news! I guess there were some “end of life components” in AR MK1 and A4 MK1 too just like in the Octatrack MK1. But does anyone know if it is possible to return or trade in MK1 boxes that are just over 30days old?

You have to consider that Analog Keys MK 2 will be probably 2000€ with Overbridge :cheeky:

Okay, thanks for this important distinction. Maybe the correct way to put it would be to “refuse to send sequencer notes to midi out”.

got you. I have no dispute at all. Just saying the dt is no new take on the machinedrum.

Mig-31 Top notch technology of the 70s looks like the black trinity

16 Likes

Not at 24-bit.

The official statement from elektron is that the sequencer does not use MIDI internally for controlling tthe synthesis, and it would not be trivial to make the seq output MIDI data either. As it stands, something like this is your best bet:
http://www.kentonuk.com/products/items/m-cv/pcvmidi.shtml

1 Like

Absolutely right! That is exactly what I going to do :smile:

I’m impressed by the new AR, A4 too (although I’ve never been that keen on the sound from what I’ve heard, just personal taste).

I do think the $99 OB licence ‘per machine’ is a bit greasy. On the other hand as it’s only the AR that I’d be thinking of getting, if the new OB does have the quality of conversion that a top end audio interface would give me then it would be a no brainer, as I had been thinking of getting a high quality interface with individual ins (this is because I can def hear the difference in quality between recording in Ableton through OB and straight from the AR). Hopefully the AR audio in will be possible to stream as a separate channel on the new OB.

I do agree that the new machines are uglier than the AR (although I prefer the look of the new OT) but at the end of the day they’re not furniture.

The mk I’s will still be working like they always did, and it was already stated that mk I overbridge would be supported for some time. Now is a great time to grab a mk I for a good price. The mk II’s seem evolutionary rather than revolutionary at this point (although mostly in a good way)

1 Like

Damn, I like the russian cockpit better than the A4/AR MK2…

3 Likes

Announcing the MIGitakt

17 Likes

What are you talking about? This is MK2, they would have had the freedom to make the sequencer speak chinese internally if they wanted to. Instead they again refused to implement MIDI sequencing.

2 Likes

2 Likes

This is different from MKI, yea? Or is this a software update I missed?
Does it mean you can use the same architecture on all pads, or is just that you can arrange them how you like?
I don’t have a rytm, forgive me if I’m misunderstanding.

heh, looks a bit like cyclops VST!