Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

I’m into these! @Jon, any chance one of the CV inputs will be able to take a clock signal to control the BPM (for even greater modular integration)?

1 Like

At such a rushed schedule? Please… I bet the mk II’s were spun in a very tight timespan… r&d’ing a new seq that did all the same that the mk I seqs did, in addition to speaking MIDI… no way

Rushed schedule? A4 was released five years ago and MIDI sequencing has been requested from the beginning. That excuse is not going to work.

1 Like

I strongly suspect that the vst will be the same, so it’s just that one device will be capable of more streams (if you pay to enable its dongle)

I’m thinking that the firmware will possibly differ though (one for each), but likely follow a similar roadmap (so the vst is consistent between both)

as ever, who really knows

I assume that it’s a description of exactly what is in the AR Mk I: one analogue percussion engine per track, with some limitations (as stated in the manual) for which machine is selectable on each track.

3 Likes

Yes live midi notes (I think) and Midi clock but no sequencing, same as the AR.

1 Like

Oh gosh. So many options, so little money.
OT MK2 looks like good old trusty tank compared to Rytm & A4 spaceship-like design.
Also, Elektron web developers are doing great job with those interactive widgets :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s not going to send MIDI notes from the sequencer.

That’s what I was thinking too, but I checked the mki specs and that line is not there. So was looking for clarification.

Logic tells me there’s no way they made 8 copies of each voice to allow true ‘selectability’. So curious the details on exactly what that will mean as it is distinction between mki and mkii feature list.

yeah, the specialized synthesis circuits required for certain voices… I doubt they’d put 8 of those each inside

maybe a similar mishap than with the OT mk II “contactless crossfader”, when the xfader on the mk I was contactless too?

I know that’s what I was saying, it will send a Midi note if you hit a key but not from the sequencer. I don’t have an AK but that was my understanding of it?

My assumption is that it’s just a change of wording in the description.

2 Likes

Course not. Why should I expect you to give a damn about your customers.

You’d get a better deal by selling it 2ndhand anyway

It’s clear on the front panel on the legend beneath the Trig that the voice assignment is exactly the same … anything else would be financially and space prohibitive

It is 100% identical to the MKi in this bullet point, even if the blurb doesn’t say

1 Like

You do realize that the samples still go out through the analog signal path (filters etc), which is still mono, right? There’d be no point in having stereo samples.

1 Like

I know Elektron didn’t want to come outright and say “hey don’t buy now new models coming my soon” as would not take risk of hurting sales but they could/should have gone the route of making all the MK1’s list as out of stock on their website and with resellers. This would lead to speculation that a refresh is on the way, similar to what happens with apples computer line. But it feels like a smack in the face to those who have recently purchased new mk1 machines. Bad bad customer relations.
They should offer an exchange program for those who have recently purchased - keep what you have or return for retail value and pay the difference for mk2

1 Like

I got a reply. And wasn’t expecting a favorable response. It was more of a comment to point out that they’ve just screwed over anyone that has just spent £1000 on one of their devices, by ensuring that the resale value is decreased to the point where the only way forward, is to buy a new unit.

The fact the crippled the original machines so you have to buy the trinity to get the basic functions that are missing in the machine. The fact they have decided the ‘free forever’ overbridge now has a two tier pay for model (again demonstrating that they are happy to cripple things to make the customer spend more to get the fucntionothey desire) the fact that they released the DT with numerous QC faults… It all goes to show how little they think of their customer base, and how much they think of the shareholders.

The worst thing elektron ever did was get into bed with this backers.

I’m out.

4 Likes

What do people reckon 2nd hand Rytms will now sell for?

lol at all you MKI whiners. The future slows down for no one :robot:

15 Likes