Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

Don’t sell now, wait for the dust to settle on the mk II’s… give it two weeks

If you’re buying, next weekend might be a good time to shop around

They’re giving a damn about their customers by not bankrupting themselves with crazy business strategies like that, just like any other company with very few exceptions

Have you read the guidelines by the way; trying to be a bit more civil would sure be swell, if you give a damn about your community … would you say that to an Elektron employee at a trade show ? [rhetorical]

13 Likes

There’s also a requirement to trade in an arm, a leg and one of your kidneys

1. Original machines were not “crippled”. You knew what you were (and weren’t) getting when you bought them.

2. Original Overbridge is still “free forever”. It came free with all MKI machines, and it will continue to work normally. It is not bundled with MKII boxes (which offer additional OB features). You know this in advance, and you can decide not to purchase if it’s a dealbreaker.

3. You say that they know very little about “their customer base”. You alone are not their base. I am extremely happy about the AR MKII, and I’ve gotten a few amazing years already out of my MKI. I’ve never felt it was crippled (I would have returned it if I had).

4. Find something real to get angry about. If you just bought an old device, you got if for less money (and it has a lot of awesome functionality). Return it or sell it to someone less bitter.

16 Likes

Can you power up your one-year-old machine and make music with it? I don’t understand this kind of thinking at all.

11 Likes

Elektron is not a charity… its a business. It an entity that creates a product, brings it to market, and exchanges that product for money to create profit. For the entity to survive, portions of the profit are then reinvested into R&D to create newer products and enhancements to bring to market in exchange for more profit. This is how they survive.

Sifting through threads to get through this self entitled whining about how Elektron has screwed everyone is like listening to babies cry. Can we stick to facts on the product please? If you have a tantrum to through please do it in a new thread titled “I dont understand economics so I want to complain now”.

Now back to the product and its new features.

14 Likes

yeah, especially since the sampling on the rytm mk II, its biggest upgrade, is not yet even presented in depth. If there’s no improvement on the start/endpoint resolution, and if backing up samples to the machine turns out to be PITA, you’d be crying blood for elektron selling you “lies”. Patience

2 Likes

Release date for A4 MKII ? Any infos ? I was thinking to buy a new A4 recently and will now wait for the MKII which looks definitely like a banger with these upgrades I was hesitating for the lack of individual outs and will wait more infos about it :slight_smile:

Thank you for this Elektronauts I was waiting for these great news for a while now

Sadly there is no info about a AK MKII haha

a gut reaction. You’re right, I am super happy with my RYTM. Its one of my favorite pieces of gear. I just always thought it was a shame that we have an input but it’s not sent to the sequencer. Something that Machinedrum even has. So seeing this Mk2 come out with this functionality, it does make the Mk1 inferior by a long shot if this is an important feature to me. Now you will argue “you knew this when you bought the Mk1” , but I actually didn’t. I was brand new to Elektron products, I was using the Machinedrum in my friend’s studio and figured since the Rytm had an input it could do the same thing. I guess that’s my fault for not understanding. But can we really argue that the Rytm should not have had this feature all along?

on the RYTM MKII, I keep seeing DT style sampling, and that seems really cool, but has anyone confirmed stereo sampling and stereo sample playback per pad? I see the L/R inputs for sampling and but the DT has that an its mono.

There were some tests of the original vs the digitakt and from the sounds of it the rytm mk1 had a much more dirty sound, for better or worse. Digitakt sounding cleaner and more hifi. I would like to see/hear a proper side by side though.

1 Like

well for me its negative because I just bought a rytm 2 months ago

And so you got OB for free. What’s the problem?

I think newer users of Elektron might not really have a sense of how their boxes have a very long shelf life and can stay relevant for many years. Those of us who have owned the MD, MnM, and OT1 for many years see that these boxes still kick ass and have features still unseen on other non Elektron products.

8 Likes

hooray! wicked news Elektron, keep it up

haters gonna hate and forums will always be forums! lol

6 Likes

I would think that sampled material in stereo is summed to mono just like on the Digitakt. The core sample playback and synthesis engines of AR is still mono for each pad.

2 Likes

Now that I’ve calmed down and thinking logically, knowing I NEED live sampling in my life, if I sell my Rytm mk1 I would be short $500/600 to upgrade to the Mk2. For that price I can buy a Digitakt for live sampling , and then I can do Midi sequencing. So I am not sure it even makes sense to upgrade at all now. hmmm

5 Likes

I can’t speak to that, really as I truly believe that a company making a product has the right to release whatever they want. Though, it is up to customers to decide if they will support the company’s decision by purchasing or not. I understand if you thought because the MD could do it, the AR could, but then you know the deal with assumptions :wink: You ultimately still have one of the best drum machines ever made (in my mind).

2 Likes

Yea I’ve no immediate intention of selling. Maybe 6 months down the line. I’m seeing varying new prices online from £1130 to £1299 for some reason. I’d hope to get at least £900 for a used MK1 down the line for the upgrade to be viable for me.

I appreciate your calmness in this situation. What about a used OT mk I for live sampling, hmm? It’s killer for that and can do things the other elektrons can only dream of

5 Likes