Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

you can pan the voices and there can be pan modulation, so why not go stereo? Might not still mean that the indi outs carry fx

3 Likes

Would never trade in AR MKI for Digitakt! I have both, AR Rocks and so does the DT but the AR is just bomb and for me much better that the DT even with reduced sampling abilities. What I have discovered through the years is that restrictions and limitations drive creativity.

I always thought that it was about having as much freedom readily available i.e. machines or software that do it all. Turns out that for me that seems to get ā€œboringā€ after a while because its not challenging in a way your creativity. Now I find ā€œlimitationsā€ & bugs are a source of creativity to find workarounds and through searching and finding those workarounds I discover a whole new worlds of possibilities.

Every elektron device is an instant classic for many reasons if you look well enoughā€¦

Imagine being able to take the individual out for the kick drum on the RYTM MKII, and routing it to one of the inputs that bypass the master compressor. Youā€™d be able to do this with two tracks; maybe the snare too, while crushing everything else with the master effects.

11 Likes

It does for sure

1 Like

not arguments here. And this is why I may get a digitakt or even octraktrak (used) instead.
I actually prefer the look of the Mk1 Rytm to the Mk2 by a long shot

2 Likes

I never said trade AR for a Digitakt, that makes no sense. I said keep my AR mk1 and add a digitakt for the same cost as the alternative : sell my Mk1 for a substantial loss (itā€™s already $400 less than what I paid before this announcement in the used market) , to get the Mk2 version

1 Like

Biggest selling point for me, so YES I will buy this two BEAST :

• (BOTH) I donā€™t care of the design, thatā€™s not the design who make good sound synthesis and the design do not inspire me more to design sound anyway betterā€¦

• (BOTH) Overbridge with higher bandwidth

• (BOTH) Stream all internal voices, external inputs, and main bus to separate DAW tracks (24 bit/48 kHz)

• (A4mk2) Reworked analog circuitry delivering very deep and defined bass

• (A4mk2) Enhanced analog overdrive for more bite and growl

• (A4mk2) 4 Ɨ Ā¼ā€³ separate stereo voice output

• (ARmk2) Sampling capability

• (ARmk2) Balanced sampling inputs

• (ARmk2) Large pads for maximum playability

• (ARmk2) 8 Ɨ Ā¼ā€³ impedance balanced mono voice output

PLUS Iā€™m a BIG overbridge userā€¦ so Iā€™m IN ELEKTRON, FOR AT LEAST 3 New Years ! at leastā€¦ Iā€™m sure thereā€™s more coming ā€¦ :joy:

5 Likes

Fredrik Alm confirmed: ā€œAnalog Four MKII / Analog Rytm MKII will not have midi sequencing capabilities.ā€

1 Like

Obselete if the MkII versions eventually allow for feature upgrades that are not applicable to the MkIā€™s and leaves them in the dust in terms of continued development . Not an unreasonable concern.

1 Like

Well if they are the same then they should get the ones in the real world working in a precise way before making promises about the new machines, If I were to judge digitakt encoders on how they work now after 3 updates they would be the worst musical encoders I have used, high res yes but not even close to precise.

God, the sampling capabilities in the Rytm Mk II are so, so tempting. But Iā€™ll hold onto my Mk I given the price differential!

Whatā€™s the easiest way to get samples into the Rytm on the go at the moment (via an iPad)? Is it Strom? Any chance of a full SDS style app for the iPad, Void?

1 Like

You know something about these sampling capabilities? Please tell!

I believe the best recommendation is to use SDS and strom together (strom over wifi, SDS over cable)?

Very strange choice that they changed the form factor on these and not the octatrack mk2. Canā€™t say I like these much, but at least make them all consistent.

One of the things that attracted a lot of people to the other boxes is the consistency in size and shape of the boxes and setup possibilities it offered.

6 Likes

They said thereā€™s something coming compatible RYTM for the DIGITAKT sample transfer so I guess itā€™s always comingā€¦ and soon :wink:

1 Like

If you find out, let me know. Iā€™m on PC, so no SDS drop. Will be upgrading iPad later this year though. Iā€™m really hoping for something where I could sync my samples to a cloud service like DropBox, then from the iPad use an app which can open that as a source and transfer them to a MK1 Rytm. The current PC workflow keeps me from using samples at all right now. I know itā€™s doable, but slow and a hassle.

I should at that the above would be in lieu of something built into Overbridge. That directly on PC would be my ideal solution! Hopefully that comes as mentioned and not limited to just DT and MKII Rtym.

it can also be the new form factor for a eventual center piece between AR MKII and A4 MKII (to COME)

Considering the OT MKII is something else but still alive. (Kind of one gear to perform alone) maybe side by side with small form factor stomp box for more musicians and looper friendly including guitarist etcā€¦

Effects and Small form factor are there AH, DTā€¦ and probably more to come in the small form factor.

Itā€™s probably only the beginning of a new line of products but when we will have a view on everything all these decisions will probably make sense.

1 Like

All true, but oh boy does it make any purchasing decisions difficult ATM

I think Iā€™ll devise a rig centerd around AR mk I / A4 mk I / MPC live in the meantime

2 Likes

Have I got this wrong? Will higher bandwidth OB mean better sound quality or just more voices etc streaming at once? I think the difference in quality in OB sound and the AR direct is definitely noticeble as I first noticed it without looking for it.

1 Like

are the pads on the right in the second picture from the AR mkII? or it is an Akai MPC ?