Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

Then what would happen if you sold one device on … either way, the device is the dongle, so you’re adding value if you sell it, and more devices means more potential work at support, so you’re paying for what you use.

Importantly, like for many who don’t use it, it also means some folk are better off by virtue of the price not being added on. It’s not going to be universally popular, but it makes sense

1 Like

I can tolerate the scuffs but these colors overall are not my thing, maybe they will look better in person. I will finally add Elektron gear to my arsenal though as they finally implemented features on these two that were must haves for me.

1 Like

With regards to the new designs, I much prefer them to the MKI boxes because those never looked too sexy to me. These have a nice clean, modern look. I just really wished they were adorned with screens the size of their more affordable little brother, the Digitakt. Seems odd that the flagship RYTM MKII has an inferior, smaller screen compared to the DT.

Best device like this I have ever seen, Rear End is epic, apparently they DO have the higher res DT size screen !! same pixel count as DT

1 Like

The screen is smaller ? I though they were the same size…

1 Like

Oh, I could be mistaken. Just seems smaller I guess since the boxes are bigger.

I feel like this needs to be pointed out: http://www.dictionary.com/browse/obsolete

Doesn’t really apply to the Mk1 versions of any Elektron device. Your Mk1s still work the same today as they did yesterday. Nothing stopping you from making music there. I can understand wishing you had the new features or being frustrated that the resale value will be lower on the Mk1 units…but you did all buy them to actually make music, right?

Anyhow, I’m all in on the RYTM MkII. It addresses enough things that had me on the fence about getting one before, and I’m looking forward to sampling my Monomachine and Machinedrum directly to the machine and firing CV at it from my modular.

3 Likes

Elektron can make us Mk1 users happier right now by releasing that damn OS update so we can use the transfer app at least. Cmon Elektron! give it to us!

2 Likes

What im wondering is if the Rytm and Analog 4 are going to have a different GUI like the graphical env from the Digitakt etc .

Another important question :
Will i be able to open old project ?

That’s a given ! Money on it being very similar stylistically to DT

Yes, it says this on specs

2 Likes

Ok thanks ! thats great. Damn , im so tempted but at the same time im going to loose lots of money upgrading to the new MK2.

So its probably not going to happen .
Im going to keep that money for a new Elektron box !!

2 Likes

Which way do you mean? Is there another execpt selling a product you have created?

Next step is free music cause it’s created with free software.

I’m glad that Elektron produces sophisticated niche products. Far better than cheap plastic boxes with earnigs three times higher. I don’t know how expensive OB development was but I can imagine how long it needs to return such an investment.

2 Likes

and what if sample transfers from the rytm mk II require ob?

That would be really really cool! Especially if you could run the same input to multiple tracks to effect it differently :aw:
Don’t mind me, I’m just getting a little carried away over here.

Are you all drunk?

4 Likes

would be great. Then maybe we can expect an OB-sample-management :yum:

My interest in it would turn to 0%

I really hope the newer reverb algorithm from the DT is ported to the RYTM MKII.

I am! I can’t take it anymore, heat, digitakt updates heat now out of style needs an update a4, rytm, it all old I’m getting old what the hell did it cost me I’m losing my mind da da da da da da let’s make a track.

12 Likes