Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

Grey synth wedge, gives me K-Station vibes, first synth I ever used.

1 Like

I think the value of the MK1ā€™s will hold well. These are analog machines. The Mkiiā€™s will be super expensive for ages.

The new AR is prob the coolest for me. But I love my dark little Analog machines. Happy to use what I have for now. October is a long ride away and the dust wonā€™t settle on that release window till the new year. So enjoy your mk1ā€™s peeps :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Jon, Iā€™m curious if the parameter resolution on the mk2ā€™s is to the decimals like on DT or do they just have better encoders? :thinking:
Edit: Specifically wondering about ARā€¦

I heard that the UI on the new boxes will slide out from the base station and work wirelessly so you can carry them around your studio! (Not really afaik but that would be pretty slick)

Not on the A4, itā€™s already higher precision than that (127 steps per digit) on some params

2 Likes

Just realized the cv ins on the a4 should allow for a long-requested option: keyboard as a modulation source.

Set a cv out to volt/octave, and send that cv straight back into one of the inputs. Now you have a keyboard-tracking dc offset for use with any parameter the cv inputs allow.

Now I really want cv ins on my mk1.

Also, Iā€™m wondering if the save structure for the cv outs will be updated. On the mk1, I occasionally return to old patterns, only to find the cv settings have changed. I think theyā€™re bound to the projectā€™s global slots as of now, which is buried so deep that I always forget It exists. It also only leaves 3 presets for cv out settings. It would be much nicer if the cv track had itā€™s own +drive bank. Iā€™d gladly give up one of my sound banks to be able to quick recall my cv settings properly.

2 Likes

Right, thanksā€¦ Specifically wondering about AR, edited for clarityā€¦

Sorry for blowing up this thread but it occured to me that this is going to make one sexy little combo. Iā€™m warming up to the new color scheme the more I stare at it :aw:

1 Like

Are you sure you matched the dimensions? Isnā€™t the rytm mk II alot bigger than the OP1?

1 Like

Well that explains why the DT has so many issues. Elektrons resources must be spread pretty thin at the moment.
With this new paid OB scam, I mean scheme, will this include sequencer editing? You would think so for the cost

2 Likes

Elektron, all you had to do is give the OT a proper update. Thatā€™s it!
Iā€™m underwhelmed by all of this. Sad. I was a believer.

I just recently sold my last remaining (and by far favorite) piece of the Dark Trinity, my beloved OT.

Picked up a MPC Live and moving on.

Thanks

3 Likes

Thank god they made the screens bigger.
That was essential and should improve UI a lot

2 Likes

its funny that the bigger screen is really the only draw for me.

1 Like

Can really only echo what many others have said:
Love the new functionality and upgraded capabilities.
Individual Outs!!! Yes!
More CVā€¦ yay!
New (better) pads for RYTM are MUCH welcomed.
Sampling should have been included in the RTYM MK1 hardware, so itā€™s certainly great seeing it on the MK2 (Just bummed MK1 cannot get it).
While I prefer the cleaner minimal look of the older buttons, the elimination of mechanical noise brought on by the new type is surely great.
The MK2 boxes are aesthetically a major disappointment. And no rack mounting?!? Not a fan of the new form factor at all, they feel overdone with unnecessary design flourishes, straying entirely from the utilitarian look that first attracted me to Elektron machines. I wish the MK2 remained ā€˜Elektron Standardā€™ to fit with earlier machines, both in size and in (general) look. Totally odd to go from years of consistency to suddenly having a handful of different aesthetics/form factors across the line, making nothing much match up. Went straight from clean/minimal/industrial design to totally none of that. sad face
Charging for OB, while going completely against the previous ethos of ā€œfree foreverā€, is understandable to support development, but the per unit pricing is not a fair move. A full DAW with loads of plugins etc costs less than what the few OB plugins for a full setup would with this pricing scheme.
The still missing External MIDI Sequencing is just head-shakingly baffling.

Iā€™ll just dream we eventually get limited edition MK2 ā€œClassicā€ versions dressed in old school MK1 housings to match up with the older boxes.

4 Likes

Iā€™m hoping the RYTM has a graphical display of the waveform like the DT. The RYTM would be so great if it facilitated easy sample chopping/editing.

Exactly, and for what the fuck is the input in AR? Only for FX? Thatā€™s annoying.

ā€œObsoleteā€ :joy:

Joking aside, even if the mk1ā€™s were magically obsolete now, so what? Plenty of obsolete music gear is in daily use the world over, plenty of people drive obsolete cars, etc. An exception to the rule is Apple products which are rendered obsolete by being purposefully crippled after a few generations, in that they stop working properly.

5 Likes

Yeah itā€™s funny, the first thing I did was scroll down to the specs and check the new screen resolution. Phew

I wish they would say if the pads are just BIGGER or actually BETTER because the Rytm mk I pads are terrible, and itā€™s not just the size.

3 Likes

Well, that and a 1,000,000 other opinions. They have filled me with confidence I must say, these products look next gen stunning and Iā€™m really impressed by the industrial design (the innards are well known); being critical, I think the only thing which leaves a sour taste is time limiting something, thereā€™s something a bit grubby about that ā€¦ sure itā€™s possibly a handy have, but itā€™s the grey area of it, better leave it out than overtly dangle something that needs spends, particularly if youā€™re only interested in the facility thatā€™s time limited ā€¦ everything else makes perfect sense and the jealousy meter is off the scale for those who are getting these

each to their own, besides, an OT update of sorts will no doubt come in this form factor