Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

I don’t get the update OTMK2 and DT landed with older box style, and now these getting a thinner angled view. I don’t see much consequence in the Elektron moves right now.

5 Likes

Damn, these announcements are like a big slap in the face and a kick in the balls. It kills me! :sweat:

3 Likes

Who’s joking :ooh:
Yep the Mk I’s are obsolete now I’m afraid.
Out with the old, in with the new.
Should have sold them yesterday
I’ll give you $10 today :tunga:

1 Like

Just sold my AK yesterday. Would totally buy an A4 if it had midi sequencing. Not surprised it doesn’t. Elektron isn’t the company it was in the early 2000’s. They’d rather try to force you to buy multiple machines by arbitrarily crippling the device. I’m not interested in supporting this company anymore. Pyramid or Engine it will be.

10 Likes

As far as I know you’ve got them right right now

The Rytm is about four inches wider than the OP1. They don’t have to be the same width to match, just noticed the similarity in color and thought it was neat…

EDIT! Wider than the OP1, not the Rytm

I don’t feel that a new look and a few extra features make the mk1s obsolete.

4 Likes

This is the most entertaining this forum has ever been. So many emotions; excitement, anger, happiness, sorrow, shock, regret, betrayal…

6 Likes

Yeah good point.

I’ll give you $20. Final offer :ecstatic:

2 Likes

Uh rephrase? ‘The Rytm is about four inches wider than the Rytm’?

If you mean the Mk II vs the Mk I , no it isn’t - it’s only 1.8 inches wider.

1 Like

than OP-1 maybe

1 Like

AR mkii getting better pads and instant sampling… to me those new touches make the difference of saving up for it and getting it! Workflow reasons, spontaneous sampling, handplayed feel are huge for some people, Maybe they just opened the door up for mpc and sp users to walk in join the party

1 Like

Not sure if the pads are better in any other way than they are just bigger

But how much longer is it

I’m going to watch Ghost in the Shell MKII … to still feel in the ERA…
Elektron have surely done a better job MKII wise… but I will try :stuck_out_tongue: the manga is so nice I doubt MKII add something better thought :stuck_out_tongue: I agree it’s OFF TOPIC :wink:

Have a nice Read/Post I’m already SOLD.
Thanks ELEKTRON <3

1 Like

Of course they’re not/never obsolete, you’re absolutely right … but where will the love be spread when the tiny tweaks are being planned in, will they really dot the I’s and cross the t’s on a few little things for the MKi’s … silly example, but one that irks me every time, there isn’t a quick shortcut to the Poly Settings … are they really gonna take time out to ‘fix’ that when it’s a differentiator on the new one, if they do finesse them both, within reason, I’ll be a happy camper (though the grit on the overdrive and the chassis and pro look are just top drawer)

Bottom line is they are virtually identical as far as what folk will do creatively with them, one a tad more lux than the other, but there’s no way they’ll be differentiable on record in the real world (except the A4 growl perhaps) CV control would be sweet too

The black boxes looks kinda drab overnight by comparison imho … but hey, good on them, this is a classy product range

1 Like

Yeah how dare Elektron update a product? The hide of them.
Shame on you Elektron :loopy:
Some people think they have some sort of entitlement, or guarantee that a product won’t be updated at some point down the track, and if and when it does, feel they deserve some sort of reimbursement for the betrayal :zonked:
Get with it, it’s progress people.

7 Likes

not only apple

1 Like

so if I may ask, why are you browsing these forums still?

1 Like
4 Likes