Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

That’s what she said :raising_hand:

Hahaha

Obviously I don’t. Was making the point that it is not rude to charge non-OB users for OB in the MK 1 machines. It was a feature that was always advertised as part of the product.

1 Like

Just thinking out loud:

• Overbridge Basic
  • Overbridge Premium
  • Overbridge the hardware mixer aka Roland MX-1

With the bigger new size hardware it could be very interesting :alien:

3 Likes

I sold my RYTM MK1 because the instant jump sequencer was not instant… mainly it required a button press before selecting the pattern to jump to.

I hope the MK2 has single button instant pattern jump like my Tempest???

Then go and get it!
You are not forced to buy anything.
This entire entitled mindset is so damn annoying.
Do you cry you can’t afford a Veyron or you drive your whatever and enjoy it?

Even better. Get up your ass and go make some money!. Wait extra month or two and then get it if that is what you want.

I took me full two summers to be able to afford my first N364.
People these days act like they are owed something. It’s ridiculous.

3 Likes

Get what? I never claimed I was forced to buy anything. I just stated the price, which to me seems a bit high. I think one Overbridge Premium license should cover all Elektron devices. Am I allowed to think like that?

I’m neither here nor there with the new OB pricing, but I’m curious about a few details.

The OB fee is per machine, so I’m wondering if it’s transferable. If I sell an AR MkII down the line, can I transfer my OB license wih it? Must the buyer also buy OB in full, separately? What is the transfer process? If it’s not tied to the unit itself but rather just my account, then If I sell my AR without the OB upgrade, does it disappear, or will it reappear if I buy another AR MkII? Also, and this is kind of ridiculous, but if I buy two AR units, do I need to buy OB twice? These questions might seem kind of silly, but I’m wondering if the OB license is tied to the unit or to the user.

Take an Eventide H9 for example. If you buy enough algorithms, it effectively transforms into an H9 Max, and it stays that way forever, even if it’s resold. If you just buy a few algos but don’t Max it, then when it’s resold, those algos are not available to the buyer, and presumably stay on your account.

Just wondering. But really I just want to know if the AR pads are awesome or not.

8 Likes

Yea the Ring Mod took a while. OB only came out early 2016 though (I think) so wasn’t an advertised feature, If you bought the Rytm some time after that because of OB then I can understand why you would be frustrated.

I’ve not experienced any of the bugs you’re talking about apart from freezing which has happened a few times since using OB so I’m assuming (and hoping) that the freezing was caused by OB. Were you using OB when it happened live?

Rare as rocking horse s*^t over here in the U.K.

I remember some officials or Cenk said that OB idea was there from the design. In that case it’s the Elekton engineers huge mistake that cannot be solved.
Could be one of the explanations why Overbridge took so long to realize. They could not resolve that noise problem in the analog circuits so just reduced the USB speed?

2 Likes

yesterday ive read that MK1 doesnt have to pay OB premium, but now everyone is talking about paying OB on MK1.
Is this true or just a rumor?

my guesstimate as well. Well now elektron has a chance of redeeming thenselves with the new hardware that builds on the mk I design flaws.

aint nobody gonna pay for ob with the mk I boxes, confirmed by elektron in this very thread.

2 Likes

It seems to be an oversight, it was not intentional to work with the 1.1 equivalent speed of the USB2 spec … it’s basically the slowest compatible bandwidth for the onboard hardware … I doubt it was scoped to be a headache … it looks like it may be unplanned consequence of the noise introduced once the tech was introduced on production boards … it may have been isolated on test boards … but this is all conjecture with very few scraps of reliable info

Besides OB, the mk2’s seem to be the same price the mk1’s were here in the states…

2 Likes

Quite frankly, while the LEDs are nowhere near as fancy as the new backlit buttons, I find it a lot easier to immediately see what happens on a given step on the old machines. The new buttons look nice, but they confuse me regularly on my DT, plus they attract palm grease/sweat more than the old ones. Let’s see how they’ll look a few months from now. I’m not so sure I would want to buy into that. Time will tell I guess. And while we’re at it, I the two rows of eight approach on the DT works great for me, especially for four to the floor stuff. I wouldn’t have minded to see that on the new machines, but that’s no biggie.

3 Likes

Ahh gosh, yeah, I just noticed the segmented lines that divide the trigs into lumps of four have been removed on the mk II! I rely on them quite alot with the mk I’s in the dark tbh

But I’m sure its just a matter of getting used to.

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind to buy the software. No problem to pay for someone’s efforts but ONE license PER device is a bit heavy.

I own the dark trinity and I’m happy with it. I always felt my money is spent right on Elektron gear as the Elektron people seemed to be cool nerdy dudes with a bit of a “we do it different” attitude. For me personally this attitude seems to be gone since they sold their soul to these investors.

The mk2 versions look cool and all that. I wish Elektron all the best but I’ll spend my hard earned cash somewhere else in the future.

I’m out…

2 Likes

I didn’t paid for that licence, bought it with licence installed from previous owner.

And about this shit with overbridge, I will stick with my RYTM mk1…