Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

To be fair, I have still yet to purchase the SL licence for my blofeld. I do not consider it to be worth the 100€ they ask for. Been trying to catch it from the yearly sales but so far I’ve always missed em.

And from what I hear, uploading your samps into the blo is a PITA.

1 Like

It was an advertised ‘coming soon’ feature when I bought the A4 in 2014 and there’s a big Overbridge sticker on the box of my RYTM (2015).

It was advertised as working with all major DAWs and it still doesn’t.

Yes I was using OB when it froze during live sets.

3 Likes

It’s a business, they have every right to release new or updated products however they wish.

The unfortunate thing is that they sort of set a precedent with the MD and MnM in terms of expected product longevity, which when applied to the AR/A4 cycle can degrade the trust of their existing consumers.

I’ve got a first-batch AR, and can’t say I’m not bummed. If I want to upgrade to the mkII then I’ll have to sell the mkI at a loss of ~$500, which means the cost of upgrading is ~$600, meaning I’ll have spent ~$2150 all said and done. That sucks. It least the warranty is still good for a few more months :zonked:

3 Likes

I agree! A discount for existing owners would be great. I hope they will be more stable than DIGITAKT

If the main guts of the machines haven’t changed, the OS will most likely be identical with the rytm OS, ie 1.32?

1 Like

they already answered yes to this. You will need a separate license for each MKII machine you own

OS is secondary on the Analog line…

super excited to hear the new A4 :smiley:

I really considered buying another or an AK, but the mk2 really seals the deal for me.

The nice part of the “dark trinity” is that all 3 boxes work so wonderfully together, A4 and AR plugged in to the 2 stereo ins of the OT is still such a capable setup and can be considered one instrument in itself. Don’t forget that MPC, SP, etc all have had many upgrades and people still love the older machines for their timbre and UI constraints that result in a very unique sound.

and of course, the new components will result in hopefully less reliability issues and less maintenance so they don’t need to be shipped off within 3 years for physical component repairs. I really think this is such a nice evolution in Elektron’s mechanical design, UI, industrial design, and overall design ethos.

No rush to buy them, but Elektron definitely has my attention again after not being overly excited about digitakt or heat

and incase you need some reassurance that your mk1 units are still banging:

5 Likes

This shipped to me yesterday, got the tracking number shortly after I saw the announcement of the MKII. It arrived today. Brand new. I am absolutely thrilled to learn this new machine. I will upgrade for the sampling when the time is right, but for now, I am super excited to get to know this beast :thup:

32 Likes

The screen doesn’t seems much bigger when i look at those pictures. In fact the old screen looks larger.
Hum

Not that I have looked or care for that matter but if both are publicly traded companies then you would find this info in the annual reports. I think Elektron are but not sure about TE.

3 Likes

Or maybe they’re just publically listed companies.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t and I didn’t even though I still can return my units for full refund.
Please do not generalize and put randomly generated ideas about different people into one basket.

Thank you :slight_smile: :thup::3lektron:

1 Like

MK1 = TR 808 type design/colour
MK2 = TR 909 type design/colour

(PS- I prefer the 808)

2 Likes

I have said it before, and i will say it again, i do not like the new design, i thing the silver boxes and black boxes were much better design with it buttons and all… and i do think the DT is nice

7 Likes

I’ll share my thoughts after carefully considering others’ impressions (re: the new machines) maybe in a day or two… FWIW etc.

TE revenue 2016 – 61 million SEK. 25 employees.
Elektron revenue 2016 – 78 million SEK. 40 employees.

IKEA revenue 2016 – 26 billion SEK. 7000 employees. Puts things in perspective. LOL

9 Likes

I’m hoping that the remaining MKI versions of the A4 and AR get nicely discounted, that’s really the only thing about this announcement that interests me (I’m an OT/MnM owner and don’t have an A4 or AR). I can’t stand the look of these new versions though, too new Electribe-y for my tastes and don’t like the colour at all either. The old black and silver boxes looked bad-ass, these new ones look a little cheesy to my eye.

2 Likes

more strange design choices:

with MK2 size of the unit they could make the screen twice bigger
there is no more excuse for those tiny screens :nej:
which are a big drawback for some people

Reminds me of this too…

10 Likes