Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

I think some of you are being unrealistic and a bit unfair regarding Elektron’s business practice here. At the end of the day, they are still running a business…how can you expect them to severely devalue their current inventory simply because you feel entitled to some excessive notice of new products? As is, these machines won’t even be available until later in the year, I feel like that is sufficient notice for someone looking to buy one of their products now. You have the option to buy a legacy system and enjoy it right away (minus a few new features that personally I don’t believe will make a bit of difference to your ability to make music), or wait a few months for the newest shiny thing.

10 Likes

I prefer the size of the original A4 for live use. It’s more compact for live gigs. I def like the 4 outs on the new version though.

The Rytm mkII looks very interesting. I debated getting a Rytm before I bought my Digitakt. My Digitakt is getting returned to Sweetwater because it’s a brick since I updated to 1.03. I was going to just exchange it for a new one, but I might hold off for a Rytm II.

Much prefer the old colors, ergonomics aside. Making things gray to look modern is a bit played out.

The Rytm could be the ultimate drum synth, but pertaining to song mode it needs only one of some options, and they just need to pick one.

1. Pattern or song lockable bpm (easiest solution, already on Digitakt, which sadly has no song mode for time being)

2. Or the ability to receive arbitrary program change messages from a sequencer like Cirklon, Engine or Pyramid and stay in sync, so not a bar behind. Even the Octatrack’s banks do not mirror the Rytm’s, and patterns have to correspond to Arranger exactly.

3. Or song slots tied to midi messages

4. Midi sequencing (not going to happen).

As it stands, the Rytm can run in sync in parallel but it can’t keep longer samples in sync with playback if bpm is accidentally set wrong, nor can it receive arbitrary program or song change messages from a midi sequencer that can lock bpm to a pattern.

So to take advantage of a song mode with either Rytm as master or slave is unnecessarily tedious.

Unless someone has a solution for this?

1 Like

My new studio config (Live ready) for End 2017 - Beginning 2018
Can’t wait to get the new babies MK2

Summary

7 Likes

For those of us in the U.S. that’s:

TE revenue 2016 – $7.24 million
Elektron revenue 2016 – $9.25 million

IKEA revenue 2016 – $3.08 billion

5 Likes

Everyone pays for the :cb: my friend.

5 Likes

Oh I use that, don’t worry

2 Likes

I’m tracking MK1 Rytm prices at large dealers.
If I can find it under $1K I’m most likely buying :slight_smile:

4 Likes

ah ok, I got it.

Especially for Elektron it is worth to sell OB seperatly from the maschines. I see a lot of Eletronauts here who don’t give a penny for working with a PC. They won’t be happy if they pay for a package they never needed.

OK, we were the beta testers. But remember: OB somehow falls out the skies, me I didn’t think about it when I bought my A4. OB revalues the existing (MK1) maschines a lot. And it’s free. Elektron invested in development, we could use it with many advantages in our music production and gave our beta opinion back.

Now it’s time to earn money. To me it’s a fair play to sell a basic version of OB. Anyone who is able to pay 1500 bucks for a fun maschine will surely be able to pay another 100 for a software that is extremly useful in a DAW.

What sucks is the amount of money. For me it’s happy sucking because I can touch and feel and see that theses boxes are worth the price. Sometimes ago some electronic experts posted pictures from the inside and analyzed the components. As far as I remeber these were the better ones (quite a good idea when spending 3 years warranty). If you compared the hardware with this cheap 500€ (so called) analog reissues I would raise your question again.

BTW - nobody is forced to by a niche product for these prices. Strange to say that many complainers want to hold one.

3 Likes

I agree on the look too. I would enjoy the Gray livery if the box were still shaped like the MK1 - O use an OT MKi and love it. I think i will be looking for the AR MKI. The new features do not outweigh my disdain for the new design. I play live and personally had no issue with the display and always loved the form factor. Fits well into overhead carryon luggage. I’m not feeling the “electribe-y” versions.

3 Likes

Do we know if these are rackable in any way, like the old units? Or if they maybe have CESA mounting on the back, like DT?

AR2 is going to sell like hotcakes.

When Cenk makes a “hello, this is Analog Rytm Mk2” video YouTube will explode.

What’s the competition? Stand alone drum sampler with analog signal path, is there any?

9 Likes

Jomox Alpha Base. OK, not as sophisticated as the AR but … that kick! :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

will sound lovely as a sample in AR :scream:

7 Likes

Touché. :bow:

1 Like

Pioneer Toraiz SP-16 will be only food competition to AR Mk2

Food competition? What’s that?

3 Likes

I disagree. it’s not ready and the prototype they show on audio events was way more advanced, it’s roll back with even less features and released. it’s get better with 1.30 update but honestly if they didn’t strike very strong at the end of the year… mmm… not sure about the TORAIZ anymore. But they can still do something… (as the overall sounding and effects quality is very nice)

But it’s a sampler ONLY not a Drum Machine + Sampler so… For Drum Synthesis the RYTM is really difficult to beat for what it have to offer.

it’s really to me the drum machine of the decade. I even don’t dream anymore for a TR909 or a TR808… I just don’t care :slight_smile:

5 Likes

6 Likes

Tatsuya Takahashi demonstrate SAUSAGE FATTENER from DADA LIFE :stuck_out_tongue: