Introducing Analog Four & Analog Rytm MKII

Likely if you look at the mnm keys

Perhaps we will know this next week? Havenā€™t the mk II announcments came one week apart from each other so far?

2 Likes

I have no idea mate, could be!

Im still keeping my mind on the dt and md only until i master both. Ive had my share of elektron gas/overkill haha.

1 Like

We need another retailer to make a mistake and post AK Mk2 to clarify :ecstatic:

2 Likes

A commendable attitude! I am sure MD combined with the DT (and some midi targets) will cover a lot of ground already. I too will stick to a combo or AR+A4+heat for a while, just to get to grips with the A4 which is the newest member of the rig.

1 Like

Any official words about future OS updates for MK I? Mainly AR & OT

I have read the full thread - started yesterday ended right now :slight_smile:

really interesting fears in the comments. also bought 10 days ago a used A4 - 2,5 year warranty left for ā‚¬850 - quite fine. AR I own over one year.

To behonest I was exited about MK2 announcement but personally I donā€™t have the need to upgrade (I donā€™t like the design - dimensions are too big, I donā€™t use samples, total happy with the sound from AR/A4, seperate outs on A4 - also a mod was seen here inforum with MK1)
I am missing the killerfeature to upgrade.

just remember: MK1 wonā€™t stop working in October after releasing MK2 - they will be good as they were before the annoucement :stuck_out_tongue:

If you feel you need to grab MK2 to make a better sound/gig/studio recording then go for it. Elektron as company needs to earn money - thatā€™s the way our world is working! thank also Elektron that they care about community and also feature requests - if you donā€™t like it just sell your stuff and move to a different vendor :wink:

12 Likes

Anyone know what the ā€œquick performance controlā€ feature is? Seems not to be an endless pot on the hardwareā€¦ So is it an additional global performance slot with dedicated knob?

3 Likes

I think theyā€™re referring to the re-arranged buttons, making some functions quicker and easier.
EDIT - My bad, thereā€™s a knob! No idea what it does :meh:

That pot appears to interact with per
Track macro functions (see printing beneath step buttons)

Fascinating.

4 Likes

Yeah man, to much gear is such a killer for my actual output.

Gas can get you walkin in circles like cray.

3 Likes

thank you for pointing this out, I also have a gig bag and will have to sell that too. good to know!

1 Like

Yes I am very happy with my dark trinity and see no reason to upgrade. Iā€™ve recently purchased the Eventide Space and Timefactor pedals to compliment the trinity.

1 Like

Same same here:)

1 Like

A problem Iā€™d like to have, especially if it was my day job. A girl can dream :slight_smile:

1 Like

Iā€™ve decided that, the only way Iā€™d upgrade to the A4MK2 is if it could send midi. That would sit quite nicely next to my Pyramid for controlling my VSTs while also providing some genuine Analog spice to my tracks. Even if itā€™s another Paid upgrade, Iā€™d do it.

1 Like

How much would you pay for it?
$175?
$200?
$250?

roughly the same amount as the OB upgrade is what I was thinking.

$175 US shipped gets you this:
http://www.kentonuk.com/products/items/m-cv/pcvmidi.shtml

Turns CV track into MIDI Notes + 2 CC#s
Highly customizable.

7 Likes

Howā€™s the conversion quality? Does it work well?
Any latency?
Iā€™ve read about problems with similar products