Introducing Artcore - a new home for electronic music

@orbita The length no longer is an issue, but after the upload it fails at the ‘processing’ stage and I get ‘error code 500’.
Any other ideas? Thanks for your help by the way
Tim

What about dj mixes on the platform ?

1 Like

tech house ! No DRM , allow low quality mp3 downloads (128 kbit.)

1 Like

Clowncore?

2 Likes

Horrorcore?

haha. We are going to end up scaring the admin away before the site ever gets launched.

Unless this is just a giant phishing scheme. Haha.

Watch @orbita come out with a 549 track album in February instead of ever launching a site. Haha

3 Likes

Will the site have video hosting? Most would probably cringe at the suggestion but I like good music videos and would even purchase them.

I’d probably buy it too…

1 Like

No Slap Wave sub genre?

What about Wank Core?

Stank House?

I kid, I kid.

Hi.
Yes planning Merch for later this year, the % cut will be determined then.

Thanks for your feedback and i’ll keep it all in mind!

Hi again,
Thanks for your thoughts.

Regarding the overlay, I think it might be a bit of a marmite feature…

Some of the artists on the platform have already expressed they love them as they help the listener to remember the track and artist’s name as they listen, especially if you choose to listen to a longer playlist (not possible on bandcamp).

I’ll have to gauge overall response though and see how it can be refined.

Of course, once you have bought music, you can then stream that music without the overlay and I’ll be fleshing out the playback side of your Collection (bought music) to make listening to your purchases a really good experience.

You can already listen to both bought and preview tracks together in the player.

The “free to listen” aspect will be a balancing act and I have some ideas for the future that could be jeopardised by making it too free upfront.

Thanks for your feedback!

2 Likes

Any way to see if someone played a track?

Possibly further down the line.

Why 128kbit? what do you mean by Tech house?

Be careful what you wish for, I have hundreds of half finished techno tracks I could unleash :wink:

It’s certainly something worth considering so thanks for the suggestion. At the moment, if you put your youtube channel URL it will include your latest video on your artist/label page.

If you release the music, I “might” add the genre :wink:

Not yet, but that definitely is coming very soon!

2 Likes

The most important question is - will there be Defender or similar available on the stats graph to really play Bandcamp at their own game ?

1 Like

This is done now!

And this

I still need to add the drumnbass subgenres.

Haha anyone for Chuckie Egg?!

On the topic of stats. Is there anything I can do that would be an improvement on what bandcamp offer?

What are the key metrics you’d like to see?

1 Like

501k and health insurance!

1 Like

Is the email we use to request invitation has to be the definitive “artist” email ?

You can use any email address to log in. You can set your artist email separately for fan communication.

How about Breakout ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just got signed up the other day, and uploaded the album I released last summer. Everything went pretty smoothly, although I see that the automated BPM values are all over the place. Going back through and finding the actual BPM for each track would be a little tricky (and it’s a jazz funk album, so maybe BPM isn’t as relevant) – is there any way to remove the BPM values from the tracks?

Looking forward to seeing how this pans out! I have a techno EP and a few stand-alone techno singles to put up, too.