Introducing: Digitone Keys

But, confusingly, they can’t, as they moved the tiny arp button so they’d need a different faceplate cut.

1 Like

its a beautiful sound! gonna update now

I would want to but for more than 2x what I paid for an excellent used one, hell no

was wondering about that too. maybe the wheels can be used without the keys ? then it would make a little bit more sense.

My Digitone is one week old and well within the return window. $560 brand new on sale + coupon, $120 for a new Keystep, could’ve gotten a blemished one for cheaper but I’m a stickler.

Not a chance is it going back.

2 for 2 Elektron releases I’ve felt no GAS on, but then again I did change my diet a bit.

I can get the Demon Core 16 voice Eurorack oscillator for the price I’d save by not getting it :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Of course they can. You can assign up to 5 targets to each of them.

1 Like

Didn’t the Digitone and Digitakt increase in MSRP after launch? So did the Peak. And Octatrack, could’ve sworn it was $1,349 at launch.

Judging by street prices within months of other Elektron releases, I wouldn’t be surprised if this hits £999 or so in the UK. I’ll def end up biting at that point I reckon.

If those macros can be used easily with, say, Koimplete Kontrol software then I may move my KK49mk2 on. I really like the form factor of this one!

First bit of serious Elektron GAS for me in a good while now.

4 Likes

This layout is a really bad idea. It splits your brain and movements. Classic layout like AK, would be much better. This way also even bigger screen could be fitted in. I was excited, but right now not.

2 Likes

The SFX-6 which also had this layout was a joy to use FWIW.

12 Likes

great working on this machine!

1 Like

Someone described this as “lazy” earlier here…I agree.

If it’s a limited edition thing (which it seems to be), I can kinda see the reasoning behind it, but as an extension of their product line it would represent a disappointing move for me (especially at that price point).

2 Likes

ah beautiful

“Announcement fatigue” is a thing

I’d love the individual outs, but otherwise, I’m glad this is what Elektron unveiled. Now I don’t have GAS.

The DN OS update is great, though, with the delay time thing and the portamento. Glorious! The randomization feature is great.

6 Likes

What makes you think the Keys is a limited edition product?

1 Like

Looks ugly as sin

1 Like

I have the bigger alesis Q49. But I can only play track 1 on my Digitone. When I go to the other tracks, it still only plays track 1. How do I set it up, so that it’ll switch track?

And/or an A4 on top and use the keyboard from the DK :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where do you get this rate?