Introducing: Digitone Keys

just use midi channel 10 on the keyboard and you can play the selected track automatically.

1 Like

You mean like this?

1 Like

BOOMā€¦just like that!

Thats why i ordered it. Perfect fit for me.

3 Likes

Butā€¦butā€¦man this is Like they took the best from the Monomachine and evolved it into this futuristic new digitonemachine. It IS a new Monomachine. Isnt it? The randomizer btw is absolutely fantastisch. Every synth should have this

3 Likes

Also the Key Mapping is a very underrated feature for performing.

The Digitone Keys will be great for many people, others it will not. Iā€™m in the others category. Just couldnā€™t justify the price and I like the small form factor of the desktop DN. I will say, the knobs on top of the keyboard portion look extremely useful though. This looks to be geared more towards performance.

2 Likes

Couldnā€™t agree more.

@Dataline @Elektron during the Sonic State video on the DN Keys you mention that gated portamento allows you ā€˜to come with these microtonal, or weird out of tune thingsā€™ to quote Cenk verbatim.

Could you explain this more please/post a link to the microtonal aspect in detail?

Is it simply that the portamento allows the pitch to be in between semitones? But with limited precise control of pitches played?

Or does it have true microtonal options with custom scales and accurate reproroduction of non 12 tet scales?

2 Likes

Like that?

2 Likes

Pre-ordered!

Nahhh.

1 Like

Wellā€¦ it doesnā€™t have overhanging keys :confused:

i think its cool.
i have a digitone. lovely little box. having the performance controls. like the wheels and velocity & aftertouch attached i think would really help in the programming off nice patches. the multi outs add a bit more.
the digitone face is really pretty small. so the wheels donā€™t seem like theyā€™d be too far away. iā€™m not a key player. and im right handed.
it really more seems more likeā€¦ say a ā€œdigitone proā€.
seems like a more expressive version of the digitone. i bet its really fun to play.

Letā€™s get back on topic please.

3 Likes

Really nice synth :slight_smile:
But having a Monomachine and 2 Nord Modulars that can do FM + sequencing etc i dont need it.
Kinda like the look too hehe.

1 Like

I am so happy to see this! I do hope theyā€™re successful with it. I had pretty much decided to make the Digitone my next purchase, when budget allows. Seeing this doesnā€™t shake that decision ā€” I have a pretty good keyboard for MIDI input, and value size in my setup right now over yet another controller. But I think this is a great combination!

3 Likes

I think itā€™s pretty cool, if I was into FM it would be great but just not into it, nor is my wallet or desk space.

1 Like

I had the DN for a while but Iā€™m failing to remember how the LFOā€™s filters etc apply ā€˜per voiceā€™. From memory you have to select a track and the filter and apply a LFO etc from there? Just seems weirdly worded when the way I understood it was that those things were on a per track basis

Lazy design. The thing is like a mile wide and they couldnā€™t make the 16 sequencer buttons in one row?

3 Likes

This is one of my worries with it. It seems like it would be a good live keyboard but it looks too wide to be hauling it comfortably. I personally would have tried to make it more square and balanced if im thinking about taking gear to a venue.