Introducing: Digitone Keys

thats enough for two octave 4 voice chord on each hand

1 Like

Its fawesome!

1 Like

I think they have done an outstanding job on this new flagship product
Here is hoping for Digitakt keys and MonoMachine Gen2 keys to complete the trilogy

1 Like

… if you play the chord of C… otherwise literally not possible (since going up to C# you lose the top note and going down to B you lose the bottom note).

And I prefer to play in D minor… the saddest of all keys.

For me, two handed playing:

88 keys: obviously perfect
61 keys: totally fine
49 keys: barely workable
37 keys: fuggitaboutit

3 Likes

sure but thats a preference but for a lot of people its possible and not “literally” impossible and enough even if you play in B which under that logic would be the least possible. Just saying, its not otherworldly for the guy to say he plays with both hands.

Its 86cm width. Just Like a Moog Matriarch. That fits perfectly into a 100cm Ikea PAX.

1 Like

matriarch has more keys… so kinda makes sense. I mean imagine if moog decided to put all the modules to the left side of the keyboard.

Digitone has a much better Sequencer…

I agree

it IS literally impossible – the only note on a 37-key keyboard of which there are 4 is a C. You could invert chords but as far as songwriting etc. you are not gonna compose a song in traditional piano style in Bb without the ability to play root Bb (avant garde stuff aside).

this is all academic because synths are not really meant to be played like a piano (which is why we settle for 49 keys as a standard)

1 Like

Bb, D, F, A - Left hand is a Bbmaj7 chord

C, Eb, G, Bb - Right hand is Cmin7 chord

them together is a full two octave Bb major scale including all the non-chord tones included. :nerd_face:

bottom line: I’m a lefty. When I program a traditional synth I play with my right hand and program with my left. I suspect 95% of players do the same (since most of them are right-handed and would favor playing with that hand anyway). So the layout works for most people.

6 posts were split to a new topic: Off topic discussion on keyboard size

I can not understand how they justify the +600 price tag for some keys, knobs and separately outs?

In Sweden the price is more than double compared to DN.

5 Likes

You can even write a sonata for 37 keys, if you’re nimble. I agree, 25 keys is an interface convenience, 37 keys is an album.

1 Like

(my opinion!!!)
useless!

thought something cool would happened - it didn’t (my opinion!!!)

1 Like

I would love to see a 61 key version how cool would that be! Just the same with the dn on the left side. I really think that design is fun, I can’t imagine that someone who likes synthesizers wouldn’t have a great time sitting down with a dn keys.

2 Likes

This makes sooo much more sense.

Was considering getting the DN, and nothing has changed. Was a bit hoping for something completely new, but this… it just looks damn ugly and awkward to use. The keys like nice and thick, but the screen placement feels super lazy. like, I would rather get a DN and a third party keyboard/controller.

2 Likes