Introducing Digitone

I think DN could work nicely…

Fm was requested so often on this forum.
Clever move.
I love fm sounds.

1 Like

I love this idea

1 Like

So no time to update the Digitakt OS or get out OB but enough time to develop and produce another box? Seriously unimpressed. As another poster said, it’s actually quite offensive.

4 Likes

Oh did not see the harmonics parameter, just peeped the manual looks like it might do the trick, although it would be nice to have individual amounts for each operator.

In case you didn’t know, acronym are common practice in Sweden too. Ever heard of IKEA and ABBA?

I love that those colors are a clear nod to the daddy DX-7 color scheme. That’s very classy of Elektron to do so.

1 Like

I really like it. Its what i wish/thought the DT was going be anyway. So now it’s here. I’m stoked. This and a DT is mint. I actually realised I don’t really like owning or having super expensive gear sitting around and being at my place. I’m happy to chill in Elektrons lower tier and look forward to picking one of these up along with a DT later in the year :slight_smile:

1 Like

Check out the parameter called harmonic and the additive waveforms available on page 75 in the manual.

9 Likes

Ok will do
Didn’t know a manual was available
Will check it out

Wait, wait, wait. For buy it, wait, remember the digitakt bug, the price (digitakt 769 euro, after 2 month 629 on thomann, no overbridge after 1 year). Elektron = your $$$

Look all this operator polyamory is getting out of hand…I don’t have time for more than four operators in my life. I only have so much emotional energy…

5 Likes

…digitakt and octatrack are doing pretty well in wave table synthesis…messing around with single cycle waveforms is per definition exactly this…
a wavetablesynth…

and even if i gave elektron some rant these days because of the actual digitakt status…
i must admit…

frequency modulation vs. parameter locking is giving me goosebumpppps…

I’m stoked that this has a waveshaping-like “Harmonic” control, as well as real feedback (unlike Reface DX) that can be modulated and P-locked. I just can’t get over how cool this thing seems.

2 Likes

Ah, missed your post about the harmonic control.

1 Like

I hope they produce enough new unit… I need one now! Elektron saved the NAMM…
Will be interesting what Yamaha is going to do about it… a FM-X Desktop Modul? Probably not. I hope this reminds people that digital still rules. I say enough with analog synths and vintage gear, i want high end hardware synths.

1 Like

I’ve never been into FM synthesis, so (thankfully) no GAS attack. That said, I could be swayed once the bugs are ironed out and I see all the cool stuff people do with them.

1 Like

Doesn’t grab me for some reason. FM not a big priority | want.

DE, DT
DigitonE, DigitakT

3 Likes

The demos take me back to that grimy, terminator-esq 80’s sound…so dirty but so very hauntingly beautiful.
From what I’ve heard so far I have to say Great Job Elektron!!!