Introducing Digitone

After closer inspection seems like enough going on under the hood
This is worth a look for sure
Reality is I was always going to get it as anything even mentioning FM generally gets my wallet out :joy:

3 Likes

I will sell some gear to finance that. No more pile of gear here. Ctrl-ALL is here also implemented plus Audio Input Processing…

Pretty sure Terminator OST was made with analogue gear

OMFG :lemon: :lemon:
Was that two lemons at the top of the video? Some kind of hidden message regarding the glitchy DT and Digitone? God I hope not!

Nice unit tho. Everyone doing TV / commercials etc needs FM in the mix oftentimes. Perhaps Cenk can use it when he starts presenting for 60 Minuets :rofl:

Still, it’s nice to see something that’s not trying to be ‘analog modeling’. Anyway, still love my Nord LA1 for FM.

1 Like

Same here.
Just found out that our tax return (vacation $) is more than expected.
Opens up room in the wallet for some sweet Microtimed, Polyrhythmic, Conditional,
Sound Locked FM explorations!

7 Likes

Digitone has 4 MIDI tracks… just enough for the 4 slots on the NLA1 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually, I think they are cocoa pods

LMFOA!

So the audio inputs are simply sent to the 3 effects and overdrive, in stereo, to be then sent to outputs, either 1/4” or proposed OB.
Cool

1 Like

Have to say - love the sense of chunky ‘packed in’ functionality you get in the new half sized boxes.

Already have an OT but keeping my Digitakt around because of that extra portability & instant jam feel plus the reverb matters.

Digitone looks interesting, moreso when, like any FM synth, you can make it not sound like FM plus you’ve a lot of elektron tricks to push that further. The challenge is does it sound like the future or the past.
Would love to see Nicolas Lem playing out some cold journeys with it (monomachine erarta still one of my favourite elektron performances)

Looking forward to Digitakt getting over the hump and delivering its promise in the very near future it sounds like.
I’ve always seen it as a plug-in hub via OB to interact with ITB sampling and then disconnect and mess about later untethered.

Happy to see elektron on this growth spurt but will be even happier when they pause for breath for a bit.

8 Likes

Yeh. That’s why I got the DT, though you have to remember that you lose midi thru on the NLA1 when you midi slots.

Oh. Cool then. I love Chocolate :yum:

Digitakt for ND, Digitone for A1.

RIP wallet :frowning:

i think this just shrank down my :3lektron: setup… gone dump the A4 and AR and keep the new OTmk2 + DT + Digitone + Heat and clean up the desk. I love the FM sound and running it through Heat should warm it up a bit :heat:

4 Likes

So we have 2 env and 2 LFO’s per voice for modulation duties.
mmm…let’s hope that is enough.
Traditionally FM synths are all about modulation via envelopes adding and subtracting operator levels over time.
Let’s hope we have enough modulation here

You have the parameter locks as modulation source too.

But traditional FM is boring and targeted at keyboardists. I’m excited to get tight sequencer integration.

(Kindof like how Monomachine was like what I always wanted from Native Instruments Absynth, which has extensive and powerful envelopes you can use to make sounds really evolve but felt really far from me as a lay-person; but using parameter locks I was able to make really lively and evolving sounds on MnM almost immediately).

3 Likes

Yeah true, sequencer will help for sure

Fishing good Cenk ?

I miss my Elektrons so much !

20 Likes
1 Like

Cenk’s fishing friends ? He’s not on the video ?

1 Like