Introducing Digitone

'takt + T-bone. Digibone

DO sold out :scream:
More for new Nord :grinning:

The rest will be done with the sequencer locks :slight_smile:
Edit: ah I was to late

1 Like

Interesting there is nothing on the faceplate explicitly tied to FM, maybe down the line they could add other types of synthesis

Niceā€¦

15 Likes

Please stop posting these tings. Soon Iā€™ll be forced back into the game.

Damn you Elektron, I just bought a Digitakt - give my bank account a break! Oh you sold out? Thank you so much! :laughing: :joy: :rofl: :sweat_smile:

Yeah, I was surprised it doesnā€™t say FM anywhere on the faceplate as well.

1 Like

Maybe it would scare people off?

1 Like

Awesome presets! Thatā€™s unusual for a synth :slight_smile: Amazing what they are able to achieve with only 8 voices(of course they used much reverb), and often there is even one or two free slots in the LFO section. Things can be used as complete groovebox. I didnā€™t know FM percussion sounds that good!

a few thoughts. it sounds fantastic. iā€™m sure they will be adding more synth engines beside FM. anyone else canā€™t stand the skittles colored track buttons ? itā€™s the only thing i donā€™t like about this unit lol. when i get mine iā€™m gonna try to order a bunch of Trk 2 buttons and replace the rest to keep the same color scheme. :thinking:

1 Like

not into the skittles Fm button colours either myself. I dig the black and teal scheme.
sounds amazin tho :slight_smile:

1 Like

They almost look like pills. A bit psychedelic. Lol.

2 Likes

I cant wait to try the midi in from OT and wiggle those FM params with OTā€™s 3 lfoā€™s on top of the 2 inside the DTone. MIssed the first run on the :3lektron: site, but got the pre-order done at Sweetwater

2 Likes

Bells are just one sound FM can make.
Whether you like the genre or not, all those crazy futuristic speaker tearing dubstep basses and leads we hear are all pretty much done with complex FM patches. Wavetable synthesis tends to play a role as well though.
Shows the diverse range of possible sounds produced by FM
So powerful, so many timbres available

2 Likes

Kinda like em, reminds me of stuff like this: http://barton.theatreorgans.com/images/61195010.jpg

Some of you guys are soo depressing,

Iā€™m not talking about those who deperately need some OS bugfixes for promised features on their machines, this I can understand,

But to those who jump on the RANT SHIP about how disappointed they are because this new box lacks this or that, only have 8 voicies poly or no arranger, doesnā€™t have more synthesis engines, tracks, OR WHATNOTā€¦

CANā€™T YOU JUST SHUT THE F*** OFF AND GO BACK TO YOUR GEAR TO MAKE MUSIC???

I wasnā€™t expecting anything from Elektron, even If I was sometimes hoping for a kind of Monomachine mk3, but this box and the amazing soundcloud demos just grabbed my attention to the point Iā€™m already considering selling my OP-1 to fund the DigiTone purchase during this year.

This box will be a great companion for my OT, and with the MIDI tracks to sequence and pLock and audio-in-FXing another synth (say, the 0-coast Iā€™m getting next month for my birthday!), this will be amazing.

I canā€™t stand the animosity you guys unleash on Elektron, and Iā€™m no fanboy.

Iā€™ve been myself disappointed with the OTā€™s still-buggy-OS, the feature-down-cramming of the DT against the bigger boxes, the OT mk2 joke, the strange design decisions (formats, colorsā€¦), the no-monomachine-mk3-release (and Iā€™m not talking about OB that is a no-go for my beloved OT, or apparently still buggy)ā€¦

But this is no reason for such violent and angry comments.

my 2 cenqs

Side note : DID YOU GUYS NOT FREAK OUT WITH THE DUDE THAT APPEARS AT 14ā€™48 in the SonicStateā€™s video??? Gotta make a meme with this ah ah!

12 Likes

When I hear these sounds, it sounds ā€˜oldā€™, and not in a ā€˜good vintageā€™ way.

Could partly be the sound designers but I doubt thatā€™s it.

I mean as someone said, just sounds like an old TX81Z (sorry I wasnā€™t a fan) or something.

Is there a reason the bottom row of sequencer trigs are white rather than black like the top row?

only thing I can think of is just to signify banks.
I hope itā€™s for when you enter scale mode the bottom white row is your complete octave in that scale.

Been referring to this example when people say that it sounds 80s or old.

Edit: Point being, I think thereā€™s a lot of room for making different types of sounds with this thing.

2 Likes