Introducing Digitone

I want something like that from Yamaha:

the black model with the second screen for the algorithms would be the perfect interface. A matrix like in FM8, where you can create your own algorithm, the faders are for the adsr and envelope levels, tuning sound rates, mixing and so on.

3 Likes

Itā€™s ok to make 4-op FM synths still. Itā€™s ok to keep your old 6-op FM synths, and still buy this. It just makes zero sense to compare them the way people are imo.

2 Likes

Oh ok nevermind!

The best part about all this is that hopefully analog has finally been laid to rest.
Well done Elektron.
Now we need even more digital madness machines (hey thatā€™s a cool name - DMM)

6 Likes

blasphemy!

maybe if it had 16 voices :joy:

This thing will sell really well no doubt, and will hopefully inspire Yamaha to extract the FM-x engine from the montage into a standalone knobby synth, and behringer will be spewin cause that canā€™t clone digital
Yes the future looks bright again

3 Likes

Reaaaaaaalllyy still voice stealing Boeh !!! Voice stealing sucks !

1 Like

I managed to order one from Elektron before they sold out. Is there an estimated shipping date that I missed?

Also stands for Digital Multi Meter, people might get confused

Iā€™m so excited! This is awesome news! I canā€™t wait. But I will share with you how great it is with the digitakt when I get it though. Best buds sharing is caring :grin:

1 Like

Dammit :joy:

It was a good name though pats psyclone001 on the back

The candy colored buttons are the colors of buttons and legends on the original DX-7. Itā€™s a tribute of sorts. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I donā€™t own a digitone yet so I donā€™t know how it differs from digitakt but you hang around this board enough to know people gripe about the lack of polyphonic sequencing in the elektron sequencers all the time.

I love how the synth pages are layed out with the ability to tweak both envelopes at the same time, and the nice little visual displays for both.

I also really like how the LFO pages are layed out with the ability to tweak the same set of parameters of both LFOs at the same time as well. This thing looks like it is extremely fast to design sounds with.

@Ess did an awesome job with all the icons/graphics; fun (pretty) to look at no doubt.

5 Likes

i kinda agree hereā€¦ OB is cool and all, but i find myself just jamming OTB and just running audio through my mixer or the OT and rarely ever tracking out stuff in a DAW with OB. I dare even say that the ā€œmagicā€ of summing in the Elektron boxes is lost when tracking out in a DAW. These boxes do kind of have their own sound when using their internal d-a converters or straight analog outs.

6 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™ll hold my breath for that!

Agreed, people with DT will seriously consider this possibly more than other mk II boxes. The immediate, tweakable, capable nature in a small form factor is huge for people like me with smaller spaces and smaller budgets. This and a DT combined with series of sound generators to feed into the sampler and you are almost set.

4 Likes

Interesting.

I find the DA/VCA to be the weakest link in the Elektron boxes.

I was quite surprised at the audio OB and often prefer it over the analog output, and Iā€™m generally sceptical about such thingsā€¦

1 Like

You had me at ā€œparameter locking multitimbral FM synth.ā€ šŸ˜˜ https://t.co/lDP9kk8JTG pic.twitter.com/TS6CBZcxCL

ā€” mylar melodies (@mylarmelodies) January 26, 2018