Introducing Digitone

Aww shiieet I just totally ordered one. And I’m only on post 60.

1 Like

Does it have 2 voices per track?

Up to 4 per track with a pool of 8 total

1 Like

I think you can actually have up to 8 voices on one track if you like.

1 Like

Each track can also be set to “dynamic” so that any track can steal any available voice.

2 Likes

I love how voice stealing sounds when used intentionally in certain circumstances. It can kinda create a sidechaining-like effect.

2 Likes

I think this thing is rad. For its price and footprint, i think Elektron have squeezed as much power into this thing as I could want.

2 Likes

What would be missing in this setup?

Same. I bought the Yamaha DX200 brand new when they first came out. It’s made of plastic, and requires a computer with an old Windows OS to deeply edit sounds. People are getting $600 for those things. The Digitone slays that thing.

7 Likes

Agreed. It sounds gorgeous in the videos so far. I can’t wait to hear more. This is right up my alley too, I’m one of those odd dudes that is ok with programming 1st gen FM. Add knobs, filters and effects and gaaaaaaah.

I was actually wondering if I could buy one with Bitcoin! If so i’m in!

So is it polyphonic or homophonic?

as i said in my original post the website states polyphonic.

sure, but is that #fakenews? If all you can track are chords, and not “microshifted” notes embedded in a trig, it sounds like homophony to me

sure, i don’t really care to debate.

It’s multitimbral, and capable of up to 8 voice polyphony per sound. Don’t make it more complicated than it is.

i was referring to the sequencer!

All of Elektron’s sequencers do this. The trig plays multiple voices all at once. That’s polyphonic to me. It doesn’t have the ability to offset the timing of individual voices with one trig, but maybe you can effectively do something similar using microtiming.

1 Like

Scream it loud!!! I’m in love with you synthesizer!!!

1 Like

Holy smokes, busy day at work and I miss the whole thing! This looks great. They started with the SID and this is sort of like a Yamaha OPL - some of the demos definitely pay homage. I’m really in no hurry to scoop one up as I bought too much gear last year, but I really appreciate what they’ve done here. It sounds big and clean and smooth, and the architecture seems capable of a lot of variety and richness. After ~5 years of analog madness, it’s going to be fun to hear what people do with a fresh digital Elektron.

1 Like