Introducing Digitone

I’m hooked by the form factor, that’s one sure thing. Lovely box, sounds good.

I don’t see myself joining the bandwagon though, in the sense that I am part of the crowd that expected something else. Not “more”, just something else. I like that the Digitone focuses on FM, focus=quality in general, and it seems to deliver a lot for sure (although there is already a lot of offer in FM, with deeper synthesis). But I was hoping for something closer to the Monomachine in term of quirkiness and identity. It has a signature sound and I don’t see it here, I’m sure a lot of people were hoping for Elektron to launch a machine closer to their legacy machines unique sounds. The Digitone is more a box “for the masses”, nothing wrong with that, gonna be a huge success.

I think the FM would be nice through some iron or nickel - Great River or similar. I’m pretty excited to use it tbh.

1 Like

The story of digitakt is about to repeat, I feel exactly like last year, put aside to satisfy a market full of digifish that bite any digitoy that comes out, it does not matter if it will be 100% working after 2 years. the important thing is to buy and sell gear like crazy. I’m already taking popcorn in view of ‘Digitone bug report thread’ and ‘Digitone feature request thread’. Meanwhile, I still dream of being able to organize a small sample library in my Rytm without fainting in front of c6. I apologize for the continuous vents in this thread, but I’m a bit tired to wait.

3 Likes

Will it be velocity sensitive?

I really dig the form factor, I can have Digitone, DIgitakt + Analog Heat in my bag and I still have some room, whereas it can only contains an Analog Four :wink:

Deeper synthesis is cool, but with the machines with such form factor it seems :3lektron: are trying to reach the right balance between depth and immediacy. This way you can learn the machine pretty fast, then really start from scratch, improvise and get very quick results. I like this philosophy, I improvise a lot with friends and for my own workflow the immediacy is a key.

When I bring the Monomachine I have to prepare my sessions. With Digitone I feel like FM is much more comprehensive.
I still have to play with one to see where the border is set (the ratio parameter seems to have fixed values, I wonder if there’s a detune parameter). But as is the Digitone is extremely attractive to me.

Looks fun, price is too high for impulse buy…

Can anyone remember how long it took the dt to reduce to £500?

hello mr altemark from the #trax/tracker days… yes it is me, hope you’re well sir
-dan/bh

About 3-4 months.

I’d say if you can wait for Black Friday deals, that would be the moment where price reaches the lowest.

6 Likes

Possibility trigs …

I think it sounds great. I want to see a stable Overbridge before I go any further down this small box route. I will pick one up then though for sure.

1 Like

Of course I don’t have hands on experience yet, but I expect the Digitone to be optimized for sweet spots. With FM there’s plenty of points in the parameter matrix that sound sh!t and if they’ve eliminated some of those that’s fine with me. The addition of the filters also points in that direction. I’m not saying this is for everyone, but from my point of view with the DT they’ve created a machine that has some restrictions yet sounds good in a lot of situations and I expect the same for Digitone.

4 Likes

This ARPEGGIATOR suck =)… I want arpeggiator from monomachine.

ps

Thnx Elektron for DigiTone. This is my next machine for digital setup!!!

Nice one @Elektron innovative as always!

Whoops… I had a discount coupon laying around here from my local retailer… It all went very fast and suddenly I had ordered it and they called me after 15 minutes after ordering that they don’t know when its exactly coming… I hope sooooon…

2 Likes

I think this could make some good woody syncopated bass lines paired up with a solid kick from Boomtschak, my analogue modular drum voice.
I think the sound will have some decent weight to it.
I’m gettIng one of these bad boys for sure, have been looking for an FM synth and never imagined Elektron would bring one out with there sequencer. This thing will be killer.

7 posts were split to a new topic: Delays in Digitakt devs

Nobody noticed that it doesn’t mention FM on the front panel… and that the block diagram on page 13 of the manual calls it the ‘audio engine’ and not the FM engine…

Just sayin’

2 Likes

listening to the soundlcoud samples again… i love this thing :slight_smile:

1 Like