Introducing Digitone

A post was merged into an existing topic: Delays in Digitakt devs and other feedback

I know I said no more forums for me until the end of NAMM, but just had to drop by to congratulate elektron for releasing the digitone! Preordered. Now, back to exileā€¦

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Delays in Digitakt devs

so that means you can p-lock the Arp?

For me, itā€™s a dream machine. Look at the video from SonicState.
THE SOUND IS LUSH! The arp seems to be crazy.

My god, this thing got me. Ordered as soon as I saw the live from Cenke on FB

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Delays in Digitakt devs

well damn Elektron - you might gave just dragged me back on-board.

When I first saw this announced I was all ā€œmehā€ā€¦but then I listened to all the demosā€¦

Just wow, first class job.

I absolutely love FM synths - over many, many years Iā€™ve had DX-7, DX-27, FB01, TX81Z, DX-7-IIā€¦ the last man standing is my trusty DX-21 which
Iā€™ve had for 25 years: 4-op offers the best balance of ā€œgreat result vs time spent programmingā€ IMHO ā€¦ but Iā€™ll tell you what -
thereā€™s no way I can get my DX-21 to produce sounds like Iā€™m hearing in these Digitone demos & I reckon Iā€™m a pretty decent &
seasoned FM programmer. Sure the FX are doing a lot - but I have no problem with that - it means my SPACE or Strymon pedals
can sit nicely on something else.
Iā€™m hearing sounds far more akin to what youā€™ll get from a DX-7 in terms of depth & warmth ( donā€™t let anyone tell you FM is cold - programmed
properly + some nice reverb etc. a DX-7 will easily fool you into thinking youā€™re listening to an analogue polysynth ) & I think the excellent Elektron
digital filters are doing a lot of that magic here.
Iā€™m really pleased theyā€™ve gone back to digital after the disappointment ( for me, Iā€™ve owned & sold both ) of the Analog Wool machines ( I have proper analogue synths for those sounds ): for me Elektron
do digital as well as anyone ( still miss my MnM & MD - much better machines than the A4 & RYTM ) & this thing just sounds stellar.

Damn you Elektron - I wonā€™t be an early adopter this time ,but if I keep hearing more sounds like this & the bug / problem count is low this is going to be
hard to resist ultimately.

3 Likes

Dumb question: is the Input L/R transmitted to Overbridge?

2 Likes

Agreed, it does sound really compelling.
Happy to wait for the dust to settle though.

1 Like

It does appear to respond well to a midi keyboard, not a concern per se, but manipulating the sound with real controls unlocks the quality from the few examples Iā€™ve seen. Happy to be wrong on that as new vids appear.

Yep!

1 Like

Thank you, dear, Iā€™ve only reached p.20 so far ^^

About 20 posts about it

1 Like

loopopā€™s demo video (instrument only) is worth listening all the way through. If there isnā€™t something in there to excite rhythm-oriented folk looking for a decent kick, you need to upgrade your headphones / speakers to something halfway decent.

8 Likes

Will it be possible to enter notes with an external MIDI keyboard while by holding down a trig key?

In opposite to the DT manual, the Digitone Manual lacks any hint that an external MIDI keyboard can be used for grid recording. Iā€™m afraid thatā€™s not good news, because when it comes to real-time recording, the external keyboard is explicitly mentioned.

I may have been a bit violent myself with my anti-ranting rant ah ah, sorry for that disturbance :wink:

hqdefault

9 Likes

a crossfader for scenes :wink:

This is a nice Boards of Canada-type sound. Definitely raises my interest.

8 Likes