Introducing Digitone

Quoted for truth AND it’s funny how people always talk about the fidelity when often the demos are on the floor of a trade show or being monitored through shitty speakers.

Anyway, I’m glad people are excited and all, but gear-lust makes people…uhh…‘hear what they want to hear’. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Played with the Digitone and NAMM and it sounds effing great. Parameter locks really open up the creativity on this little box. Only downside is: programming FM stuff on the screen is kind of convoluted with the graphics. Not immediately intuitive. Though I’m sure with practice and muscle memory it won’t be a big deal .
Early buyers though beware: both the units my friend and I played crashed or froze up a few times.
Definitely some bugs to be ironed out

11 Likes

Mine still just says “Status: Paid”

not a penny in third parts app

Oh dear, another forum war is upon us :rofl:

4 Likes

:rofl: yes, but I have to say that elektron delivered exactly what the majority of the fans on this forum wanted: A FM synth with the „form factor“ of the Digitakt.

3 Likes

“both the units my friend and I played constantly crashed or froze up”
Serious ?

Yes, don’t buy Digitones to ensure I get mine sooner!

6 Likes

I can just picture you with a frozen smile on your face while your two digitones are stuck on a dissolving E in the startup screen. “It’s all right, it’s great, it’s FM for God’s sake!” :smiley:

2 Likes

I kind of hate how people like you are not even criticizing the gear but the people that are interested in it,

and how you’re doing it just with wrong arguments, I didn’t read no one here saying this was new and astonishing synthesis/sounds,

please try to be at least as smart as the people you’re unrespectfully bashing?

2 Likes

Just like the way that comes across as being respectful, yeah?

yeah but that’s not to say this is the version you will get when it arrives to you. I don’t expect things at NAMM to be 100% perfect

Can’t use transfer app until they release OS 1.32 im on mk1

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

1 Like

Only a few hours ago I had no GAS for this box but now I do, my defenses are very weak :frowning:

Good news is that I spent my synth money on an A4 so it will be a while until I can get one, hopefully price will be lowered by then bugs ironed out etc. Or I could just cancel my Behringer Model D pre-order and start saving for a D1… :heart_eyes:

Here’s a nice little demo:

12 Likes

Ah, nothing like a good ol :3lektron: product announcement to flip the forum on it’s head and make us all start acting like a bunch of trigless locks… :joy::joy:

26 Likes

Killer demo. This thing is going to go so beautifully with my Digitakt.

1 Like

Box looks really great but I’m sequencing Phasemaker with a OT. Can this do anything I can’t do with that setup? I’ve recently really gotten into FM synthesis so I’m definitely curious.

This thread is generating an insane amount of Flags and they are sadly merited - it’s really simple, we will have to show less tolerance of unacceptable posting to prevent this getting out of hand. So please, you know where the guidelines are - if you have the urge to hit back - don’t - it’ll only escalate and the sanctions will come sooner than they otherwise might.

Please respect the forum and the community and the right of others to have different opinions, but we won’t sit back and watch stirring, personal attacks and pointless posts which just lower the bar. Have some humility, this is just a product announcement.

Keep it on topic - remember, address the content, not the person. And, unfortunately, this still has to be reiterated, this is not about sitting on criticism of Digitone/whatever or Elektron, it never has been, we just want the flags to stop. So keep it civil or say nothing. Please

If the community are repeatedly flagging your posts we will have to act

Thanks Moderators

17 Likes

It sounds amazing doesn’t it. Best demo I’ve seen so far.

Oh and Cenk is a wizard.

3 Likes