Introducing Digitone

Ok, we need to have a poll on that name, that has to be the 15th iteration of an abbreviation :smiley:

Edit: Totally unintentional 90’s rap lyric

3 Likes

Why not just call it DTN? I dig how it looks like an abbreviation for a cryptocurrency lol.

hehe.

DTN: blockchain based synthesis

:smile:

3 Likes

My vote goes to DTN I guess :slight_smile: Now about these GODDAMN DT bugs!

Just joshing!

1 Like

Logically it makes sense (the DT / DE) but it just doesn’t… look… right…
Following the MnM style, what about like DTk and DTo ? or even like DTK, DTO
Ultimately the unfortunate reality is there is no solution. They’ve really put us in a pickle…

I prefer how phonetic DTN is.

I like DTO

1 Like

YES… this wins it I’m pretty sure. Emojis are the language of the future anyway.

Let’s take the DT that belongs to the Digitakt, give it to the Digitone, and start using DK for the Digitakt instead. We can rebuild the system from the ground up.

2 Likes

Curious if anyone has asked Elektron whether the digital synthesis may be expanded on in the future in this box?
Presumably they wouldn’t disclose it at this stage anyway

Thought about DK too but

DE seems german. :smile:
DTN is ok too.

1 Like

I wouldn’t count on any extra synthesis methods. I’d like to be happily surprised and be wrong, but it’s not worth getting hopes raised and/or dashed at this point.

(Remembers the endless speculation about whether ‘Digitakt = Drum Computer’ meant there was going to be synthesis in the box or not. Of course, Digitakt was announced with a lot more mystery as it couldn’t even make a noise at NAMM last year).

I ordered mine yesterday and it’s not here today and dangit, I want it now! Or maybe I can just go home try and have some fun with the Machinedrum’s MIDI sequencer (suddenly sounds fun for some reason) as distraction.

No not counting on it at all, just curious whether Elektron have been asked the question yet, and their response

Digitakt seems out of sync in that video. :sketchy:

Totally…or the D1 was triggering Notes on the DT by accident

looking forward to Cenks first dub techno ep. Sounds great! Hopefully they will add some tape style to the delay and apply different fx algos to the chorus. A phaser instead of chorus would be very great! do not like the chorus on the a4.

Also showing “Paid” here. The whole “shipping now” thing is why I jumped so quickly.

1 Like

Truly envy you guys. I’ve been totally obsessed with this thing since yesterday.

I was watching this earlier today. Really enjoyed listening to @Ess talk about it.

13 Likes

I can’t speak to pentatonic scales, but I will say that getting approximate tunings on the Lyra is easy. Exact tuning? Don’t bother. There are just as many organ sounds in the Lyra as harsh tones. It does have built in digital delay, but hooking it up to the chorus/reverb of the Digitone would add some much needed lushness. It does kind of lend itself to “terror” once you dive into the modulation.

1 Like