Introducing Digitone

Then I absolutely did not understand you were joking here.
Either you didn’t articulate clearly enough, or I may have problems with my brain :wink:

EDIT : I just read your explanation post, then we’re okay I guess, time for a beer :smiley:

2 Likes

OMG
I definitely love the sonic possibilities of this synth.
Maybe I should step back and cancel my 0-coast order…???

Good to know I’m not the only person that was hearing a bit of BoC-esque sounds. @Ess

2 Likes

When they say “shipping now” does that mean that we’ll be waiting for weeks, or months? Is there a rough ETA for those of us who ordered through larger distributors, like Sweetwater, or is the wait going to be longer (as with the Digitakt) – until late Spring / early Summer? Does anyone have a clue (and care to share any info) regarding the approximate wait time?

1 Like

I guess we are all very “heated” for each new Elektron product ah ah, no harm done, glad you like this one too :smiley:

1 Like

I think the two might compliment each other - the 0-coast with its raspy, growling, phase-modulated, and ‘wet’ / analog sound characteristics could be a nice match for the more crystalline / digital qualities of the D-tone… there might be some superficial overlap, but the DG-tone could provide a very broad spectrum (lush pads, ‘sparkle’, queasy, detuned chords etc.)

I don’t know that the DG is as beefy / primal sounding as the 0-coast can be.

1 Like

I listened to Loopop’s sound demo 3 times in a row…I think it has some subliminal brain-washing implanted in it…I ordered a Digitone :crazy_face:

4 Likes

I have to admit my interest is growing after seeing Cenk’s jam.

4 Likes

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking too, I love the raw and wild sound of the 0C, and the smooth and airy pads of the D°@*?+#1Ton (while it seems also very capable of subby and dirty and metallic harsh noises!!)

I’m just gonna sell my OP-1 ah ah!

I said DTN too for Digitone and DTK for Digitakt

2 Likes

Sik rolling bass in this one.
PHat with a capital PH

3 Likes

Operator is a masterpiece

6 Likes

Digadigadigadiga, of course you’d like that one :slight_smile:
I’ve made a few psychedelic trance tracks in my day and I agree that it’s a good bass sound.

1 Like

still wanna pop those candy keys off for some blue ones like the function btn … makes it look like a toy, when it’s a beast :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

It kind of seems 80’s looking which is sort of a nod to FM imo

1 Like

Man, those colored buttons are so cool imo. I really like them a ton.

7 Likes

great idea! but then you would have 4 T4 buttons :joy:

maybe i’ll take em to one of those dungeons and dragons Games Workshop shops and get the dudes in there to paint em. they’ve got precision skills when it comes to magnifying glass paint jobs lol

2 Likes

Yes I have the 0-Coast… In contrast to what the previous poster said I find it very fruity and brassy. It’s a very unique monosynth that had a lot of depth. Personally I would want both.

2 Likes

(post withdrawn by Illuminati, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged as especially Epistemoloically relavnt)

4 Likes