Introducing Digitone

Sounds like I might end up fighting it a lot. Really like the concept and probably want it to fit more than it actually would. Cheers

I used to be one of those dudes…
side story, I got a fleck of metal embedded in my eye from painting those minis, not sure how…
back on topic, yeah my first impression visually was, “what the hell, those buttons” or something to that effect… I’m sure it’s cool instrument and I wouldn’t turn one down, but visually I feel like it just doesn’t match up with all the other cool looking Elektron stuff

1 Like

Wasn’t that impressed when I first heard it on the Cenk and fish video to be honest. But then I heard the factory patterns where I could hear Plaid like rhythms and scales, early Autechre and Boards of Canada vibes and even some Selected Ambient Works in there. Love the sound of it now but I just bought an Octatrack mk 2 and I want to devote my time to learning that. Maybe next year.

3 Likes

I really like the sound of it but I have decided to purchase the A4mk2 it will work well with my digitakt

1 Like

like everyone calling on the æ, AFX, BoC vibes, i been listening to this Proem album a bunch lately, feel like the Dtone vibes are in there… :slight_smile: great track, great album

6 Likes

hehehe. Its definately a vape box thats for sure

The most obvious naming would be
Digitakt-DT
Digitone-DO

Or am I late to the party…

I prefer D1 or DTo

1 Like

I think you can get into BoC sounds with almost any synth as long as you have an lfo that can modulate pitch :slight_smile:

11 Likes
1 Like

Want to hear more about how accessible the interface is.
Sonically nothing new to the table, therefore comes down to user interface whether this is worth buying.
We need to know just how easy it is to access all parameters and tweak this thing.
That’s most important with this box imo

2 Likes

totally agree

1 Like

Oh I didn’t do anything, I was just relaying an instagram post.

This guy did some of the presets : https://blushresponse.bandcamp.com

So I guess it’s no portamento. It may seem trivial, but being an early 90’s techno dude with a huge love for Cajual/Relief for me it’s a pretty essential part of fm synths. On my 4op its more often on than off…

Ah well…

2 Likes

This one is much better !

:smile:

4 Likes

Operator has always been a synth I’ve almost completely neglected. Not sure why. Probably laziness in building chains/racks. Any recommendations of where to look for some specific lessons on it?

Back on topic. I reckon I can scrape together enough funds this year for either the PO Metal series (obviously much more affordable!) or a D1 once the inevitable street price lands in Summer. Decisions decisions. At least both options have mostly cured my GAS for the new Arturias - cant believe I was contemplating eurocrack. Again.

True FM

2 Likes

What’s your setup now mate? Still enjoying the OT MK2? I recently sold a bunch of gear including an OT to focus on Ableton, but now a combo of DT and D1 is looking very appealing. Probably gonna wait until the D1 gets slide (please) and they both get overbridge though.

PO Metal are winners for sure though, I have the tonic and definitely buying the speak.

Why are you doing this to me, Elektron???

7 Likes

He does that all the time… sigh… good salesman :grin:

2 Likes