Introducing Digitone

1st to preorder at Sweetwater!!! @Ryan

3 Likes

<3 very nice

Demoā€™s on Soundcloud are mostly fantastic I must say. FM can really easily sound dog shit in the wrong hands and in the right hands sound fabulous. Dont think there is a bad demo there to be honest.

4 Likes

Wow! They move fast on this :open_mouth:

Iā€™m not at a spot to be buying any gear at the moment, but its a weird feeling to hear this announcement and realize that the gear is waiting for ME- wasnā€™t expecting that.

I donā€™t know if i get FM. It sounds tinney if you know what i mean. Itā€™s good at bells when you need them but after that iā€™m not so sure.

With FM youā€™re just one parameter change from musical to madness- so quick to make imaginative sounds and each note is like a composition in and of itself. Really cool stuff.

A four op FM synth is like, each note is an episode of Seinfeld.

4 Likes

That track is amazing! Kind of sounds like something from the Silent Hill gamesā€¦

I donā€™t knowā€¦

2 Likes

Which leads me to ask; Do you think theyā€™ll update the other machines with the ā€œWhatnotā€ parameter?

Gonna sell my Yamaha FS1R to buy this. Yeah, the FS1R is an FM bad ass, but as I have said before its about what you will use vs what you want.

I just came homeā€¦and boomā€¦sold out. Dang!

Looks great to me and will have the modern OS of the Digitakt so should be a killer. Iā€™m ā€˜glass half full hereā€™ - shows that Elektron is committed to bringing out new quality gear and they are well aware of the demands for firmware updates for DT and of course the long overdue OB, so fingers crossed the plan is coming together (better cross those toes tooā€¦:slight_smile:

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Negualizing a topic

This is the beauty of FM
Crystalline sheets of metal.
Incredibly powerful synthesis method.
Any sound can be created, even incredible bass, although it tends to have a different tone
Basically sounds the opposite to analog which is why I love it so much.
Run it through an analog filter for the best of both worlds

2 Likes

Iā€™m happy I donā€™t support Elektron anymore. No fixes or even a overbridge that works correctly. This should have been their top priority not these cheap toys. Elektron has gone way down but of course the fan boys will say different. Good luck. Iā€™m out of here.

4 Likes

Iā€™m in love! Instabuy when these come to Canada. The Digitakt is a pleasure to use.

2 Likes

Thats maybe were i donā€™t get it. I love analog an the 80ā€™s DM, Vince Clarke Vibe. But i will buy one and give it a go and probably sell it cheap if i dont get on. Ill also do a cover of Do they know itā€™s xmas and use it for the bells :wink:

1 Like

D2?

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Judging from the appearance and the manual, they probably share a lot of code. Iā€™m not saying this excuses the lack of a Digitakt firmware upgrade (it doesnā€™t) but it at least bodes well for one coming Soonā„¢.

I donā€™t think butthurt applies to electronauts. We get on here and know how to debate and discuss our differences. Good point well made prints :wink:

1 Like