Introducing Digitone

I figured I’ll throw in an order at Sweetwater and just get thrown into the queue.

Capitalists gonna profit. The Swedes should nationalize Elektron imo, gear for all :fist:

1 Like

I hate writing certain things but…
Definitely not interested in the umpteenth toy full of bugs to be solved indefinitely. I do not even watch the presentation video. I would like to remind you that you have apologized to the community for having had a busy year and for not having had time to work on all the promised features and corrections. The time for another synth you found it though! Other bugs to correct, other users to delude, other delays, other problems, others … too much meat on the fire, excellent move guys!

10 Likes

Dude, you’ve got to start thinking about my bank account.

2 Likes

They don’t actually have a preorder list yet, this is just like how I got on the list for digitakt last year. As soon as they get them, they send them out according to who was on the list.

1 Like

This product makes me think of something I’ve been noticing the last several years…

It almost seems like the industry tore itself back to its roots with simple analog subtractive and modular bits being the new vogue.

Now the industry has been introducing features and things that existed decades ago and people are getting excited about them again… ‘wow FM sounds cool!’…

It’s kind of genius marketing-wise but scary that it feels like such a strange way to move ‘forward’.

Maybe every generation they can just go back to the start and re-develop the same old wheels again and people will be impressed?

Almost all products these days are very limited vs 20 or even 30 year old synths - not to mention sequencers - these days, people think that means 16-step sequencer and any bells and whistles beyond that are like a bonus. Do people not remember the incredibly advanced tabletop hardware sequencers made decades ago?

7 Likes

You gotta search digitone and it comes up available for preorder. Still not listed when searching elektron

It’s a shame they never do coupons. That’s what I’m holding out for.

Maybe if there was an introductory price for the DT similar to what they did with the DT then PERHAPS I’d jump onboard the DT train.- but I can’t spend 750 willy-nilly :confused:
Looks like it’s just me and the DT until I save up to get the DT

1 Like

I not sure where you’re located but I’ve yet to be charged tax by Sweetwater. I’m in California. All my orders have been no tax, free shipping, and either 24 or 36 month financing.

1 Like

Omg, that video! I died laughing when he was sitting by the dish, don’t know why.

I was expecting to find out some interesting tidbit about koi fish

4 Likes

This is taking me very close to the edge. Right up my alley.

Similar, I was expecting some zen-inspired tangent about how the fish relate to FM synthesis…

3 Likes

Then let’s all cross our fingers for the Digitone inheriting the CTRL-ALL treatment that Digitakt received.

1 Like

It did

1 Like

:aw:

They mentioned it in the video- that’s so exciting! That’s a HUGE plus over the MnM imo! It’s crazy groundbreaking to me that they’re doing this with a musical synthesis application.

They’re really doing whatever they can to slip as much performance/jamming potential in such a small package- I love it!

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up, also to @VDB - I missed the video as I let go of Facebook about a year ago.

I see it in the PDF manual now. glorious!

2 Likes

Robo receipt, now the waiting game.

for real guys… no more beta testing. how many machines are you planning to put out, until digitakt will be fixed. the MK2´s the Digitone. My Digitakt is waiting for an update for almost a year now…