Introducing Digitone

:joy:

totally

those new malekko machines have elektron style p-locks.

bff is gonna be killer :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I checked the manual and there are a lot of empty encoder places on different pages. Maybe they will add extras with updates as they did with the rytm ā€¦

Is it possible to double the voices with an update?

I think itā€™s going to do most the things an Elektron sequencer can do, and some other stuff too.

Depends. Programming a 6-operator one (DX7 etc) is indeed more than a bit on the complex side because of the number of operators youā€™re dealing with as well as the complexity of the multistage envelopes.

A 4-operator one (DX11) is much easier to get to grips with because youā€™re only dealing with a limited number of possible algorithms, you get some more waveforms to play with, and because the envelopes make more sense. The DX11 also has a better layout and proper physical buttons, which makes programming it rather interesting, if still more time consuming than dialing in a fat bass sound on a subtractive synth. :wink:

Thereā€™s a great book from the 80ā€™s that explains both the theory of FM as well as how to use it in a musical way. Itā€™s titled ā€œFM Theory and Applications ā€” By Musicians for Musiciansā€ and even though you can find a crappily scanned PDF at http://www.burnkit2600.com/manuals/fm_theory_and_applications.pdf, I recommend getting a paper version if youā€™re really interested in FM.

4 Likes

Shame itā€™s 4-OP only. Maybe they can go 6-OP in an update.

2 Likes

Good job !!!thatā€™s what iā€™m waiting for.

Thanks elektron!!

Digiwave next;)

Are 6 operators really needed when you can change the waveforms ?
I thought it was necessary only when using solely sine wavesā€¦ and you still have 2 LFOs (not audio rate though, it seems, at first sight).

I guess you can do quite a lot with what the Digitone offers, already.
Really seems like they made FM accessible. I love what I can see from the interface.

6 Likes

So what 's short for Digitone with DT already taken?

DTo
DO
DT1
ā€¦?

Perhaps Digitakt becomes DTa and Digitone DTo?

2 Likes

DiTo?

1 Like

Keeping with the Swedish language, it has to be Takt och Ton.

No other options.

6 Likes

Where is the feature request thread?

2 Likes

I like DTO.

like make noise STO / DPO.

So, who of you would also like Elektron to port the chorus effect and the second LFO page to the Digitakt?

11 Likes

y. e. sss

DT could really do with a 2nd lfo.

3 Likes

Visual representation of the algorithms in a hardware box kinda has me swooning.

6 Likes

Sorry for the Swedish puritanism but on here the names go like MD, MM, OT, DT, etc :wink:

Indeed! I had a similar thought.

@Dataline s reaction on nick batts question about the Digitakt Input FX was so damn Donald trump like!

guys, the Digitone has even more drum synthesis than the actual drum unitā€¦

which reads ā€˜8 Voice Digital Drum Computer + Samplerā€™

never heard any digital ā€˜drumā€™ except a sampleā€¦which stands after the plus.

put off your quirky jacket, put in some more features.

2 Likes

2048 sounds only with 512 presetsā€¦

1 Like