Introducing Model:Samples

I don’t know what is up with you guys; this is dope as hell.

Hey @Elektron, where can I cop a sweatshirt seen here?

11 Likes

I don’t see that. This new thing is certainly not the prettiest box Elektron has put out…

1 Like

i was expecting a bit more pointing at Elektrons legacy-products (MM,MD) - but this??? :thdw:

1 Like

Not supported - class compliant audio

1 Like

So with the dedicated knobs and, and the six channels, plus being small, portable, light-weight and perhaps the battery powered too – will make this an interesting midi sequencer/controller. (The sequencer can output to midi.)

If that’s the only thing you used it for perhaps it’s a teeny bit expensive, but the sample player aspect together with the midi sequencer / controller gives this real value.

From the manual pg 39:
ENCS controls whether the TRACK PARAMETER, FX PARAMETER and LEVEL/DATA knobs sends MIDI data or not.
• INT, the knobs only affect the Model:Samples and does not send any MIDI data.
• I+E, the knobs affect the Model:Samples and also send MIDI data to external devices.
If ENCS is set to INT, the encoders will not send MIDI to external devices even if the
track is set to send MIDI out. For more information, please see “8.4.2 MOUT” on page

4 Likes

I think the model:sample looks better and is a nicer layout than the mk2 boxes but of course this is only my opinion :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think it looks great. Cute little box primed for redecorating with markers and stickers. It also give me some very light Roland vibes.

One thing I’ll add that I think is a blessing for Digitakt users is that it’s got velocity-sensitive pad buttons. There are so many times I jam hard on my DT that I know I’m putting those nice click-clack keys into an early grave. This will be my new percussion-focused piece where I won’t have to fear beating the shit out of it.

2 Likes

Aside from the velocity sensitive pads and the lower price im glad to say im not interested in this one. Velocity pads are the only reason I would switch from DT to this one but I can already use one with midi in. I was also hoping for OB.

The huge amount of GAS that built up over the past couple of days finally passed.

2 Likes

does the model:samples come with stickers ???

It’s like a parameter lock, but you change the sample on a trig.

1 Like

it looks like it comes with a sticker SHEET :smiley:

1 Like

Like eating some Pepto Bismol.

Time to focus on creation again.

Man I hope so.

Or like letting one go after holding it after a long date.

4 Likes

I solid my DT after holding onto it for trips but re-purchasing the OT as my main device. This thing, with battery power, and class compliant audio is pretty much a dream. My iPad Pro and this thing will be awesome for lunch breaks and business trips where I don’t have room to take the OT and a synth.

I have a feeling the price will drop after the initial rush, but I think this captures a lot of the workflow stuff I like about the DT (and then improves it with knobs per function) and drops out what I personally didn’t find sufficient (mono-sampling for external content). The battery power will be the real kicker.

3 Likes

It doesn’t look that bad with the lights :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just watched this. I’m very down with the hands-on approach. Very intuitive.

1 Like

I love white with a punch of orange, so this very much up my alley for looks. If only the tiny screen was a black OLED with orange graphics. :weary:

1 Like

Being able to adjust the LED and the LCD brightness is a nice little thing. The LEDs on other Elektron products can be pretty intense sometimes.

2 Likes

These are seriously some of the best product demos I’ve heard in a while. Nice job Simon and other Elektron peeps!