Introducing Model:Samples

Yamaha RS7000…use to have one. That was a real piece of gear…one of the best of all time. A followup modern sequel Rs9000 would really blow my mind with excitement!

2 Likes

What can this do that iPad Pro, controller and some apps can’t?

1 Like

being one box with no clutter

3 Likes

Nothing probably, but following that logic we should all just use computers/daw and no hardware should be sold.

4 Likes

I would have expected a more serious machine from Elektron. if it costs only $ 460, then I buy a second Digitakt that sounds better definitely. This novelty will be the Digitakt for the poor. It was better for Elektron to present the new MONOMACHINE at Namm.

• ONE LFO PER TRACK: ridiculous
2 Likes

imo this would have been great if it had built in battery, but a separate peripheral battery pack, that’s ridiculous and kind of shoves this box out of the op-1/404 category it seems elektron wants to invade with this product

1 Like

Portable grooveboxes are not closed borders. Im all up for competition as it will make everyone want to release better products.

2 Likes

amazing …

Congratulations @elektron I hope that it will bring new customers to the fold :thup:

10 Likes

Keep in mind that there are no MIDI tracks in addition to the sample tracks, so for each track that outputs MIDI you’re giving up a sample voice.

Also no chords for the MIDI tracks as far as I can see from the manual.

1 Like

i agree completely, just saying i feel like making this one stand out would have meant on board battery. as it stands its a cheaper digitakt

Oh thanks for the detailed expalanation. So I learned two things today. One is the difference between groovebox/sampler difference and the other is word “pedantic” :stuck_out_tongue:

Just out of curiosity, since digitakt doesn’t have any synth engine built but has midi and audio in/outs does that makes digitakt semi-groovebox?

Yeah that’s correct, but that’s alright.

I think though the two work together at the same time, the I+E would play the track and send the midi at the same time (i think).

Good point about midi-chords, we’ll need to see if there is any detail on this.

They missed the mark in my opinion, I mean who’s going to buy this? for 100$ more you get an op-z and for a 150$ less you get … I don’t know an Arturia microbrute … and yes they’re not the same but if you’re a new customer you care about price and features and not that it is an Elektron and if you’re an existing customer well you probably have this covered already … it’s a weird move but hey what do I know … good luck!

6 Likes

I have everything that this machine does covered (own a DT, DN and used to own a OT). Only thing is the velocity pads which I already use a midi controller for anyways.

This machine imo is for people that want an Elektron but cant afford it or absolutely need battery power for some reason. So all products in the ‘Model’ line should also be affordable and be battery powered.

3 Likes

That is how it’s described in the manual.

I think it works perfectly as an additional drum module to the OT, you can sync it or play it with CC on the OT midi channels. At least 1 (or 2) individual outs is my issue… :frowning:

I’m extremely underwhelmed by this. My wallet will be thankful.

9 Likes

so now… will we have a model:drums ? Or can I pre-order my volca drums finally ? :smirk:

there will probably be something similar in the ‘model’ line. How long are you willing to wait?