Introducing Octatrack MKII

There’s definitely a glitch somewhere in that system of yours :smiley: :wink: :wink:

The new livery has a bit of a Cold War Chique vibe to it.

Ready for mutually assured destruction.

4 Likes

They might still go OT2, but not for a few years. Big boxes usually have minimum 10 year lifecycle or more. This part of that process.

2 Likes

There’s pretty much nothing new software wise. Elektrolads stated in this topic that no overbridge and any of that will be added to it. They run on same OS.
On top of that DT has a pretty substantial wait list (from what I was told) so you should be able to sell yours at full price.
At this point it might actually be a good idea to negotiate price of MK1 with dealers.

Someone should have told that to Dave Smith…

1 Like

I refer to Elektron boxes, mduw and mnm as examples for how long they were supported and updated.

@Dataline are we gonna see a video soon? I’d like to see this new workflow using the new button layout before jumping from the MK1 to the MK2

I know. It was a joke. DSI shamelessly discontinued the Tempest, many years too early some might argue, after ignoring requests for updates from users. They released the final update under petition from users and then ditched it.

Thankfully Elektron are nothing like that

1 Like

Same OS as OG right? Doesn’t really need a video to figure out what the shortcut buttons do if youre already familiar with OT :wink: Unless theres a new OS with some specific tweaks with those buttons in mind… Thinking of it like AK vs A4 is probably going to give you pretty accurate picture of the benefits.

The extra labels below the encoder knobs seem worth the upgrade alone. Countless times I used the sample editor and I just had to guess and hope touching the encoder won’t mess up my carefully placed start points again.

1 Like

Lol, buy some tape and a pen :wink:

3 Likes

seriously, it isn’t hard to make a template, a lot of gear is like that

needs conditional trigs, mixdown needs to be clean and not so quick to get muddy as on mk1, hopefully no headphone amp issue as on mk1 too, reminds me i need to contact elektron and send my mk1 in

Does anyone know if MK2 will still be 44.1, 16 bit?
48/24 bit and something for solid sync (OB sync only ?) with DAW and I’m sold.

When was the last time the OT had an OS update? Elektron needs to communicate if this means further OS development/refinement; otherwise, is OT still considered complete?

Will the OT MkII diverge from the original with new OS developments that the OG OT’s processor isn’t capable of? Are they the same processors? Is there any incentive for someone that didn’t jive with the OT, but would be interested in an OT with better effects, OS refinement, and sound quality?

It’d be super nice if these things were communicated. Maybe someone over at Juno can provide this info.

8 Likes

Conditional trigs and mutes that don’t kill everything, maybe some mutes per pattern. Id be game

2 Likes

On another topic on the forum, I had said that there was a trade-in when the MD and MM went to Mark 2, but I was wrong about that. My apologies for my error.

1 Like

Cheers. I’ll delete my post not to confuse anybody.

1 Like

As far as i know they only changed the buttons(+ a few more), encoders and the screen. The actual hamster under the hood is the same with the same OS.

It’s not OT2 so no new features. Imho it’s nice. If you are planning on getting one this is the better one. More cool buttons, better encoders and sharper screen(unfortunately smaller then the MK1). I dig the new color :slight_smile: black is getting boring :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, thinking about it the new shortcuts ‘could’ be a lot more than they appear to be. Like more than just taking you to the params page. For example ‘slice + trig’ could = various amounts of chops. Trig 4 =16 slices, trig 8 =32 slices etc. Being able to do that stuff instantly with one combo would be nice. Could be some pretty cool workflow enhancements…

Mkii’s not for me (til my OG dies) but looks like it’s pretty good news for new OT buyers etc.

3 Likes