Introducing Octatrack MKII

I don’t get the gray color. Looks nice, but if they also release a Rytm and A4 MK2 in gray, what’s happening with Digitakt and Analog Heat? These would be the only two devices in the new lineup with black… so strange.

1 Like

The MKII versions of the silver boxes can both do things the non-MKII versions can’t like user waves, and they both had improved S/N. Ignoring hardware flaws wouldn’t be a very innovative way to go about doing things.

1 Like

Built in battery in all the mkii’s would have been pretty nice selling point over the OGs and easy add-on…

3 Likes

If the MKII is not for you, its not for you :okej:

I would not bet on that. Based on fact that they said there is no more room for new features in octatrack OS but they will support it and we can expect bug fixes. As the OS is the same on OT MKII … there is no reason that statement change now with this new refined batch.

Of course im no-one and only them can speaks… and if they change their mind and it is room for that I would be glad anyone get it …

For the A4 MKII, maybe they can improve the resolution of the LFOs to make the FM sound much better.

What would really be great is if they went ahead and just added a minor tweak to allow the analogue oscillators to modulate one another (and the filters) with the A4 MKII.

you’ll need a new thread for that kind of speculation :wink:

oh, wasn’t meant directly towards you @Callofthevoid

but great point

1 Like

AK mk2 with 2x more knobs = instant buy :smile:

2 Likes

Reading those comments make me realize I don’t care of the design. If as they said elektron will release more machine than ever and we will be surprised. I hope they not taking the road to reshape existing machine to the current digitakt design with some refinements. But at the opposite release fresh new concepts/ideas/effects/big machine. To see an analog rytm mkii with this new design, analog four mkii and analog heat mkii… without releasing fresh new things… (unless they add fucking awesome things to it…) and I’m out for spending money to elektron… for few years.

But I don’t think so… I feel new awesome things coming soon I don’t know why.

1 Like

I loved the OT when I had it, but eventually let it got after I got Push 2 and started using Live for sampling and sequencing again. I swore I wouldn’t get another one until a MKII came out, especially because it was the one Elektron machine I felt needed Overbridge more than any other, as I found it a real PITA to multitrack parts with.

So, now there’s a MKII. Still no Overbridge which I felt (still feel) is necessary, and no trig conditions which would really help to break the “loopitis”. Sigh. But I do think I will end up getting another Octatrack, as I miss it for sample mangling and have really wished I had one since getting into modular to sample and recontextualize sounds…but it will probably be a used or discounted MKI, and instead of trying to make it do all things it will be specifically for using the outputs for four mono outputs for four tracks each fed to a Thru track. The Pyramid already has me covered for midi sequencing, so I really just need to figure out how nicely it plays with the Octatrack.

Not quite the full usage scenario I’d hoped for with an updated version, but at least I can stop wondering and can justify owning one again.

2 Likes

Massive let down. Seriously.
Best thing about it is that I don’t need to wonder about a new OT coming out and I can look elsewhere.

Elektron’s new machines just don’t make sense to me with regards to what’s on offer and the price tag…but that’s just me.

1 Like

Maybe DT is more appropriate in your case, no ?

sorry, bad day i guess. forget what i wrote :wink:

2 Likes

Its all good, I was being a bit of a smarty pants. Its all just too exciting and overwelming and underwelming all at the same time.

1 Like

Indeed, questions about overbridge have been answered
questions about trig conditions not … so let’s hope!

I’ve thought about that. Digitakt isn’t really ideal for sample slicing tho, is it? The OT would be much better for slicing up breakbeats and slicing/mangling/resampling longer bits from my modular.

An Octatrack with Overbridge would have been ideal for me, but it’s obviously not coming.

People who love design might actually be glad to have ableton live and octatack mkii under… this fifty shades of grey match nicely … :grin:

5 Likes

Don’t worry everybody, it’s just Elektron with another offering. No need to get upset, everything will be just fine. It’s a beautiful day in the universe, I hope everybody enjoys it… :ecstatic:

13 Likes