Introducing Octatrack MKII

Brighter cases are good for darker places, like a stage or booth

Elektron is always working on OS updates and bug fixes.
It is up to the Elektron User community, to give our Wants and Needs Value.
The more we invest our :alarm_clock: & :heavy_dollar_sign: in :3lektron: Elektron, the more :3lektron: Elektron can provide for us.

More Units Sold = More Money
More Money = More R&D Capabilities

I like the new look.

Bummed they wonā€™t upgrade it further, though. Overbridge or just S/PDIF out would make this so much more useful to me.

Not to mention probability trigs, tempo per pattern, a better screen, updated FX, etc. Oh well.

Yeah at the very least they should have updated the internals to bring it up to date with current hardware. The sound quality should be at least on a par with the later analog series, but clearly is not.
Very unimpressed with this update as I feel it is a desperate attempt to try and stay relevant in a suddenly competitive market.
Giving a facelift doesnā€™t cut it Iā€™m afraid, weā€™re not in Hollywood and Iā€™m not that shallow.

Well, call me a fanboy but I too shouted for joy. And after pondering it for a bit, I am THRILLED they kept the original concept with room for other things (like the probability sequencer) and made recording easier, because, as I believe Alessandro Cortini said and said well, this is the most revolutionary instrument in the past 20 years. It is the most open sourced closed source instrument. And the design is beyond genius. Hooray for Elektron. And hooray for those who want an MKI because you will be able to get them cheap now!!!

2 Likes

Indeed. Slicing is not its main strength.
But you could get one shots from your modular and build from here.
This box sounds really great.

This canā€™t be repeated often enough. I really donā€™t get the problem

3 Likes

Iā€™m mostly interested in the new shortcuts and how they improve workflow.

I havenā€™t had much time on the OT, as Iā€™ve only used a borrowed one for a limited amount of time and did not do a full dive.
Curious to know from OT experts how much they think the added shortcuts will benefit the user experience. @Rusty? Anyone else?

3 Likes

This is very nice

I have a feeling that in live situations this will be a godsend and a fair time saver.

OT MKII reminds me of when this happened.

http://www.mpc2000xl.com/images/MPC2kSE3.jpg

2 Likes

Iā€™m not making any kind of new observation here but if the rumor that they had a lot of new boxes coming is true, itā€™s clear they just meant theyā€™re releasing Mk II refacing of OT/A4/AR this year.

But itā€™s just an octa with better buttons, knobs, slider and screenā€¦ if you didnā€™t want the octatrack why would you want the mkII?

I guess this puts an end to the legendary OT2 speculation.
That mythical ship has finally sailed

2 Likes

Already noted perhaps - the OT MkII is 12v, rather than the 6v of the OT MkII.

Looks like the slices menu in the audio editor is easier to get to. Whatā€™s AED, though? I think the OT mk 2 may literally save lives?

1 Like

I had the 2000 and 2000XL and I loved them both to death. They died eventually and I moved on but those warm sounding samples coming out of it were glorious.
Though you could expand them so not really a good comparison.

I donā€™t think so at all.
DT is the first step of new software.
Once they polish it and work on it you will have OT2 that will be a monster killer.

***personally speaking I hope they push the A4 MK2 quick as well.
If I get lucky I might walk out (with small extra $$ to cover the difference) with a brand new Digitakt while keeping the A4 and OT :D:D
That combo I would loooooove :slight_smile:

the third rec button could be funky. i imagine rhythmically hitting the three buttons while inputting to a rec buffer from all three sources.

that button alone undoubtedly saves the user a few Function button presses compared to MKI.

3 Likes

The whole top left looks like itā€™s just there to ease the heavy load of the poor little function buttonā€¦ : )

5 Likes