Introducing Song Mode on Digitakt, Syntakt, Digitone & Digitone Keys

I know it just came out, but I’d love to see row conditions like 25%, 1:4, etc. added in a future update :star_struck:

They could be used in the “repeats” column

5 Likes

Such a coincidence that I bought a Syntakt yesterday. This should be fun. :blush:

3 Likes

There are many things that are possible but complex and may have required a bit of a unification of the Digi platform between the features of disparate models.

1 Like

Octatrack users are not happy.

12 Likes

In Song mode after a pattern change ?

Is it too early for a feature request to toggle what the … button does?

Lovely response to Elektronauts! Personally wasn’t too bothered about SM, but now I’ve played with it I can really see it’s performance value. All implemented with nice panache! Thanks.

4 Likes

why not? they know this feature since 2011

4 Likes

Well I’ll be damned.

I’ll be damned.

Well done Elektron. Hats off to you all. I have been a long term campaigner for this - and you only just went and did it.

After all the naysayers: ‘it can’t be done’ ‘difference in philosophy etc.’

I’m astounded and impressed. Thank you Elektron.

2 Likes

FILL is only enabled when I manually hold FILL button…
the function FILL+YES works no more…
no matter if song mode is active

5 Likes

I don’t think this joke translates very well. :grinning:

1 Like

They really implemented this with the Elektron ethos in mind. It’s just how I’d imagine a song mode on these devices: still aimed at live performances, you still get to twist those knobs and play with ctrl+all etc, it’s just one less cognitive load to worry about switching patterns or track mutes. And you can jump in and out of song mode if the situation calls for it. Very well done, Elektron.

5 Likes

This could be the final reason to finally buy a DN

1 Like

so happy about this!

makes me excited about DT all over again

Try a new project.

Because DT is cannibalising a little more the OT.

1 Like

And it only took only five years :grinning:

Fold and and new scales, ctrl all, track swing…

2 Likes

You guys could have just introduced scale modes by themselves and I’d be excited – this is the first time I’m seen my DT buttons turn BLUE!!

4 Likes

Because Arrange Mode is just not good enough.

2 Likes