Introducing Song Mode on Digitakt, Syntakt, Digitone & Digitone Keys

Congratulations to the Elektron team! This is a huge update, and also a great step towards uniting the feature sets among the digis.

3 Likes

I MAY DIE IN PEACE NOW.

Thanks Elektron!

3 Likes

I´m really grateful for this update.

Thanks for the reply. I did try a new project and it feels a lot better, thanks! Why does that slowdown happen though? It only seemed to affect the analog tracks…

1 Like

somg mode.

7 Likes

That’s silly.

Maybe Syntakt takes some time to upgrade your project, somehow.

1 Like

I’m not sure, there is always a solution of simplifying! :grinning:
We can imagine a simple system when you can link multiples patterns to share the same sounds for instance.
Even if it requires menu diving, it is not mandatory. Just an additional option.

What will this forum become now? Well done Elektron on what looks like a comprehensive set of updates.

I’ve just updated my digitakt to 1.40 and trying to use it through ableton via overbridge. On the VST it’s stating “the connected device (Digitakt) has an incompatible OS version! Please update the Overbridge suite to a later version” it’s running 2.1.1.2, has anyone else had this after updating digi os? p.s. update is great, thank you Elektron!

update: I got too excited and missed the bit about the OB update as well

Having song mode on the DT is great but… without kits, tweaking parameters while the song plays still causes jumps as patterns change, I wish Elektron had overcome this somehow, it just doesn’t make song mode that useful to me.
Also, being able to jump to different sections of a pattern instead of always starting from the beginning would have been dope…
I guess my next post will be in the Feature request thread :wink:

6 Likes

I have awakened @variableautomata with my oversight of this necessary feature

5 Likes

The answer is clearly stated in the anouncement.(Hint: update to Overbridge 2.1.4)

4 Likes

2 mins too late…for the above answer.
Thanks elektron, also thanks @Gino for the video mostly about jumping in and out of loop mode, i‘m curious how well and flawless that and jumping out of songmode will work.

2 Likes

Thanks! I got too excited and missed the bit about the OB update

2 Likes

Haha, just lots of small details.

I’m happy people have been so loud about song mode. After all, I either jam - or write songs with a clear structure. So it’s really awesome to have it now.

6 Likes

Hi!! What is keyboard fold? Can someone explain to me what it is? Thank you

3 Likes

Thanks!

It’s as seamless as they could make it. By the 4th beta it was really flowing. I didn’t show this in the video, but you can just exit song mode with the sequencer running. It will then stay in pattern mode, and when you start song mode again it will go back to where the play head is. All with the sequencer running.

9 Likes

Never thought I’d see the day! Kudos Elektron! :exploding_head:

From the Syntakt manual p. 24 :

KB FOLD When set to ON, KB FOLD changes the way the notes are laid out on the [TRIG] keys and how they are played from external MIDI devices. Now all the [TRIG] keys trigger a note. The [TRIG 9] key plays the lowest note of the selected octave, root note and scale. The notes are then played upwards through the scale to [TRIG 16] and then further upwards on [TRIG 1–8]. When a scale contains less than eight notes in an octave, the “remaining” [TRIG] keys on the lower row will play the same notes as the first [TRIG] keys on the upper row. Blue [TRIG] keys signal that they contain notes that are one or more octaves distanced from each other.

3 Likes