Introducing Song Mode on Digitakt, Syntakt, Digitone & Digitone Keys

If I do end up using song mode, then I might not need anyone to hold my beer anymore, and then who am I really? Existential crisis incoming…

31 Likes

On the DT the only option in the Global FX menu are: Delay, Reverb, Compressor, Internal Mixer and External Mixer. Nothing about track syn, filter, amp or lfo. I’m assuming you’re talking about another device.

4 Likes

Thank you Elektron!

Got my unit back in 2017 and it’s amazing to see how the unit has evolved with feedback from the community.

Keep doing what you’re doing.

12 Likes

Just on a capability perspective Digitakt > Digitone Midi sequencing.

The 8 tracks of 4 voices can always be mixed and matched. Use 2 tracks of 4 to send an 8 voice part. Meanwhile you have more parameters at once with this method and, possibly, more modulation capabilities.

Though, just on a Midi perspective, you can do more Midi’ing with the Syntakt.

2 Likes

How does song mode work with patterns that repeat in a song but you change parameters over time for transitions etc? Say for example you end a chorus with a filter sweep, when it plays the chorus again is there an option to reload the temp saved pattern so the filter isn’t still in the position you ended with? This is a feature I feel like the digi boxes really need, personally. I use a lot of stuff like ctrl all when leading into other patterns and having to duplicate a pattern each time I want it to play in a track is a pain.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum JLW! You said it. It’s commendae that Elektron arr still adding meaningful updates to these fantastic machines!

1 Like

32 repeats max seems limited to me.

It can be combined with Row Length, but higher values and an infinite setting would be simpler imho, in order to loop a row.

Funnily, same max duration as Octatack Arranger : 64 repeats x 512 steps = 32 repeats x 1024 steps for DIGIs = 32 768 steps.

About 1h10m at 120 bpm, well should be enough…but, could have been simpler…:content:

3 Likes

There a way to loop a row though…
Not sure if you can program it…

Press [SONG MODE] + [LEFT] (when in SONG mode) to loop the currently playing row.

1 Like

You’re right, I took it from the ST manual thinking all 3 devices were on par.

1 Like

Yes, but it would be hard for me to sacrifice more than 1 audio track !

2 Likes

So just to verify.

The digitone has 8 note polyphony per midi step

And the syntakt and digitakt have 4?

1 Like

Yep

1 Like

Agreed. Digitakt is the best, imo, for the internal external combo

Great updates!

Great implementation too :+1:

!

Overbridge for Octatrack confirmed :laughing:

6 Likes

Does this make ST a better device for Song Mode?

I learned about this from a YouTube thumbnail and coulda sworn I was getting trolled. Well done Elektron! Now we can focus on twiddling knobs instead of lining up patterns.

2 Likes

It’s very hard to make me content. But it’s great news. Digitakt, Digitone, Syntakt + A4 mk2 combo now becomes the ultimate live and studio rig. :heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:. Some euro, pedals and ext. processing and we are home. Thank you so much. This type of product dev. makes for a great business model indeed.

2 Likes

wow, you can save a pattern chain as a song structure, this is so so much faster than on the other machines!
(I want that on the AR/A4 now)

Fold on the Digitone :black_heart:

I’m a bit scared though.
My guitar moved by itself next to the DN.

5 Likes

Holy shit

After Octatack, yes ! :pl:

7 Likes