Introducing Song Mode on Digitakt, Syntakt, Digitone & Digitone Keys

Don’t forget you can jump in and out of song mode, so when you do that you’ll still need someone to hold your beer, if only on a part time basis.

Maybe add “Asec” as a suffix to your user name?

14 Likes

:rofl:

Phew…crisis averted.

4 Likes

You just HAD to sneak that in there! :grinning:

2 Likes

“All these toxic feature requesters, toxicly asking for toxic features, on the toxic forum, also check out my new video about the toxic feature request which was toxicly recently added” :laughing: j/k

12 Likes

Yellow means SM?

3 Likes

Yeah but does the OT sound any better?

4 Likes

Gotta get the synth parameters on the “global Fx” page for Digitone!!

1 Like

Never sell a Digitakt because you never know what’s around the corner.

Having a song running while being able to play long melodic lines with this 2 octave diatonic keyboard now puts the Digitakt way beyond the techno/dub paradigm.

3 Likes

Finally getting to sit down with this after reading it all day.

Think it’s time for a new thread for Q&A about the Digi Song Modes, there’s a lot here to digest, and more questions to come. (How do repetitions and rows interact with X:Y conditions? etc etc.)

[Edit: the counts for conditional trigs keep going across song rows if the pattern doesn’t change, and behave generally like they normally had.]

For now, thanks Elektron, and hats off to a characteristically elegant UI design here—I didn’t think it could be done, and then seeing the SONG MODE ON menu shaped like the Yes/No/Arrows button, the . vs. … for pattern v song, etc—wow, nice!

(Equally pleased about the portamento and other features, too!)

8 Likes

Come on octatrack midi track scales/fold… :pray:

3 Likes

Part of why I got an Octatrack a while back was because I wanted the arranger, since I didn’t have song mode on the Digi boxes.

I’ve been thinking about this song mode stuff all day at work, wondering if it’s redundant to have Digis and the Octatrack now… I finally had some time to sit down and check it out, but instead of upgrading the firmware on the Digitakt and Digitone, I got lost in the Octatrack. I still haven’t checked out song mode on the Digis – I think this answers my question :wink: I’m probably never getting rid of the OT.

I’m still stoked to use song mode on the Digitakt. If it’s anything like the arranger in the OT, lots of happy accidents can happen with different pattern lengths in the arrangement.

3 Likes

I haven’t start playing with the song mode but I noticed that you can assign a pattern lenght (in steps) for each row. If a pattern (w. trig condition) is 128 steps, then you could set it at 128 steps.
(if I get it right)

1 Like

Happy birthday to me! Easy pattern mute automation for the digitakt sounds awesome, ill probably never use it to arrange songs but who knows? In any case, great update! I wonder what/if they got anything good cooking for the mkii’s back there as well :wink: maybe some arpeggiator plocking for the a4?

This is incredible (even for someone who has never really thought about a need for song mode).

5 years after release and Elektron are still adding value to the Digitakt. I hope they never abandon this strategy - it (I would hope) is good for their bottom line, and shows a path to other synth manufacturers. Kudos to them, and kudos to the Elektronauts that continued to lobby for this feature over the years!

6 Likes

Sitting at my machine now, and it parses through the X:Y conditional trigs both within and across song rows if it stays on the same pattern. That’s a really nice implementation!

Changing pattern lengths on some repetitions confirms it counts the X:Y for the plays of the whole pattern rather than the number of times the play head passes the trig.

6 Likes

Anybody having issues with the digitakt being frozen on the upgrade screen. My bar doesn’t move at all

Just caved in and pressed buy on a DT :grin:

I’ve owned the OT mk 1 twice, and never really used the arranger, though I contemplated it (seemed fiddly to get in and out of during performance). Loved the OT so much, but had been eyeing the DT since it came out. Glad to (soon) own an Elektron again! The update sounds truly amazing, as did the 1.30 (which I needed for the external input mixer functions), but I’m excited to give the DT song mode a try and especially stoked about the new keyboard fold and scales functionality. Thanks to Elektron and this forum for continuing to keep my interest alive in these outstanding music machines.

2 Likes

Is it written something like SUCCESSFUL! REBOOTING ?
Then you have to restart, and then again.

1 Like

No there’s just no progress. It goes into update mode when I send the file to transfer and the progress bar never moves

Do you have the latest version of the Transfer software (1.5.0.14) ?

1 Like