Introducing Song Mode on Digitakt, Syntakt, Digitone & Digitone Keys

Poor Model Samples and Cycles who can’t sing :frowning:

1 Like

Cool update :raised_hands:

I know many people use these devices alongside other ones, but as a person who appreciates using these as standalone groovebox’s, the scale mode is a really welcome addition: it makes music creation faster and intuitive - very sensible.

Thrilled that it’s going to be easier to create acid lines, if potamento/legato works with the Chord Machine on Syntakt, things could get uniquely interesting :thinking:

4 Likes

Game changer!!!

1 Like

Can you record as the song mode is going?

3 Likes

Yes, this was the only way I had used it. :thup:

3 Likes

This will change my entire approach to the DN!!!

3 Likes

I love you elektron!
personally I do not use song mode but it’s good to know these products are always being improved.
portamento on syntakt yess!!
next please add an arp to syntakt

Just played with the song mode on the Syntakt and Digitone for the first and it’s great and syncing the two devices works well. I had the Syntakt taking the lead and the Digitone patterns would change in sync with the song :slight_smile:

8 Likes

While portamento is of course ace on the analog bass voice, it’s very interesting with long time setting to get some background weird evolving texture, e.g. with the SY Tone.
I really like this update ^^

I don’t neither. Or didn’t use to.
But try to play with it a bit, see how you can (ab)use it, it’s really interesting. Especially for planning live PA, or to remember later how you used to chain these patterns.
Even if you use only one pattern for a song, you can write your favorite mute chaining so that you remember it later ^^

13 Likes

i can only mute/unmute FX tracks in song mode mutes parameters anyone knows how to switch between FX tracks and regular ones?

Wow amazing! I’d add arpegiator to Syntakt and more synth engines or loadable wavetables to really widen a sonic range of the instrument. Thanks Elektron!

2 Likes

and a compressor!

1 Like

And a chord mode à la Digitone :kissing_heart:

4 Likes

For someone who uses Digitakt + Syntakt + other gear, this is so spot on, and the timing could not have been better. I’ve been trying to think how to best play my tracks, without it becoming a total micromanaging fest… or way too fragile in sake of mistakes and my first glimpse into the Song Mode pretty much solves this.
And the implementation is just so spot on for my workflow. Like if they’d scanned my mind and extracted the data for an implementation I didn’t even realise I need. :smiley: The pattern mute thing is just so, so awesome and leaves much room for improvising, if you use that feature, as they are just mutes. Same thing with the ability to put something into loop and then continue the arrangement when you want so.
But yeah, generally this leaves more room for me to actually tweak things and not be too worried about changing patterns or having 10 fingers hitting mutes (that can be a lot of fun as well).

Oh and the scales + fold for the DT = AWESOME, especially, as I sequence other gear with the DT.

8 Likes

I don’t fully understand the songmode implementation, haven’t really looked into it. It sounded vaguely like something I wanted the digi boxes to have so gave me a rationale not to buy them, while the flagships are in a price tier I rarely buy in. Gonna have to come up with another strategy to hold off taking a dip with the Syntakt to at least next year.

sorry if this has been covered, but if i want to quantize on the digitone now, i have to FUNC+“IMP/EXP” then “NO” to switch to “PTN” menu, hit “YES” to enter “QUANTIZE” menu, then i can quantize?

i much prefer the digitakt method. i forget what it is on the syntakt, but i dont remember being annoyed by it. and this song mode shortcut menu functionality just made it even more inconvenient. after i had already built up the muscle memory for quantize on like 7 different elektron devices

1 Like

How many Songs and Patterns per Project?
Is it the same on each device?

16 songs

2 Likes

I had lag when i was using DN with OVB…
I had to abandon OVB on DN…

1 Like

This Song mode made working with sound management/project management harder then it was…
Me personaly im not interested in song mode… Now the machine sticks it in my face all the time…
Id rather prefer it being hidden in the menu vs now “being on top” while pushing what we were used to deeper in the menu …

1 Like