Introducing Song Mode on Digitakt, Syntakt, Digitone & Digitone Keys

how does song mode synchronise between the elektron devices?

1 Like

You can either set it up so the other boxes will follow the pattern changes on the master, or you can have song mode activated on each device and set it so they will play through the patterns you specify in Song Mode on each box. Pattern changes happen in perfect sync.

3 Likes

are the track mutes transferred as well? also maybe you know: can pattern scenes be commented via song mode or arranger mode?

1 Like

Hello
do you know how usb audio out works?
can the eight digital tracks be output via usb on eight outputs?

FUNC + […] followed by NO gets you to the same menu as the old […]

Easier than the small menu dive

6 Likes

You know that you can switch from quantize to unquantize live recording mode by pressing Rec+twice Play, don’t you?
If beforehand quantization works for you, oc.

4 Likes

i do not want everything to be recorded perfectly. i want to manually incrementally quantize a certain amount depending on the pattern

i always record unquantized

1 Like

Same here, it only happened so far while plugged into Overbridge. I’ll try and reproduce it with just headphones later…

i think you can route only 2 tracks at the same time, one on the left channel and the other on the right channel, you can also choose to send main output or the external input to a usb class compliant device like ipad.
But I did not try it yet.

This is great timing. I am planning to commit to recording some songs next week and was already close to painfully set up new projects on DT and DN where I transfer patterns in identical order so I can use OT arranger mode to play them and have my hands free to twist some knobs and sing. Luckily, I haven’t started this now useless task :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

Curious how I will write and perform stuff on DN and DT from now on. So far I preferred manually changing patterns and muting/unmuting stuff, but this meant that I barely messed with parameters since it became quite stressful. Now the choice is mine whether pattern changing and muting/unmuting is part of the performance for me or just an annoyance hindering me from performing more interestingly.

1 Like

Honestly thought this was a gag thread when I saw it at the top of the forum! Most looking forward to using this to loop a single pattern using multiple variations on length and bpm - really powerful and makes so many out there rhythmic possibilities accessible while sticking to a one-pattern paradigm. Something here for everyone imo!

4 Likes

Now this has happened, should we start a campaign to have song/arranger mode removed from the OT/AR/A4?

5 Likes

Love this so much. I’m thankful to everyone at Elektron for going this far with these boxes. After 22 years of writing music, I’ve really settled into loving the Elektron work-flow, and these constant updates are definitely keeping me as a customer and user for life.

Played a bunch with it last night. It’s going to make recording “release” versions of songs so much easier. I tried setting up a full set in song mode and ran out of rows at 99, though. Def. need more rows :laughing:

Otherwise, the only thing that seems missing for me is the ability to set which step the pattern starts on (which I think exists on the OT).

The only real “issue” I’ve run into is that I use track multipliers/individual track lengths in literally every pattern. My master, because of this, is always set to CH.LEN-16 and M.LEN INF (or at least 256). This allows me to have all those crazy long parts, but get pattern changes within 1 bar if necessary for remixing and such. Due to this, when I load a pattern in song mode, it always sets it to 16. I know that’s how the manual states it works. It’d be cool if there was a way to have it set the length to whatever the longest track length is (so 64 steps at 1/2x would be 128, for example). I can obviously figure out the lengths on my own, but it’d be nice if a computer did it for me automatically :slight_smile:

9 Likes

You have 16 songs per project and you can cue songs when loading them right? So you could treat songs as “parts” of your liveset?

3 Likes

You can P Lock the portamento, not the same as you described buy you may be able to get for out of one pattern that way using P locks and conditional trigs

1 Like

Any idea for volume automation? If i place a 1st trig with an LFO to amp, which ends for example after 2 bars with another 1st trig. Does the LFO modulate the other trigs as long as there is no override on the trigs - that should work?

Elektroid already exists and works perfectly on linux. And so does transferring from the command-line with amidi. I’ve been using linux for elektron sysex transfers and firmware updates since the MD, and on A4, DK and AH too.

5 Likes

once it is connected to the plugin it lags, does not matter which outputs you use

BTW Ive reported those broken FILLs, and Elektron acknowledged the bug.

if you want you can downgrade here:
Digitone_and_Digitone_Keys_OS1.32A.syx (1.3 MB)

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reporting!

We have now confirmed this bug, and it had unfortunately not been caught in beta tests. I have attached OS 1.32A in case you want to downgrade. We recommend that you backup anything of importance before downgrading, as downgrading can potentially corrupt projects. You should also be aware that a project that has been saved in a newer OS won’t be possible to open in an older one. We are sorry this happened and hope to be able to release a fix soon.

8 Likes

Oh I def. could, but I’m running all 3 Digi boxes at the same time, 2 Faderfoxes, an iPad, and a Micromonsta2. The less I have to think about the more I can do my live remixing and tweaking. Haha. I still need to read the manual closer for song mode, specifically.