Introducing Song Mode on Digitakt, Syntakt, Digitone & Digitone Keys

Correct.

You could name your pattern as section and then use that as the label for the row?

1 Like

It’s touch and go I find. If you’re changing the parameter fast enough then it sometimes works, but for slower sweeps the parameter will jump to the value saved in the pattern. Slow parameter changes over several patterns are impossible to record (both in chain and song mode)

1 Like

Cool idea, thanks!

Good point.

1 Like

Has anyone done a sysex song external backup then reloaded it?
Any issues with the reloaded song playing as expected?
I had issues once on the AK and had to do reload the whole image to get the song working.

(Trying to overcome my ST purchase avoidance conflict)

1 Like

I’d say that these machines weren’t really designed for your intended workflow though. You’d have to make copies of every pattern so that there is zero double use of a pattern. For something like a 6 minute long techno beat at 130 bpm, we’re talking about ~50 patterns of 64 steps each. That is a lot of copying and pasting patterns across the eight banks.

Also, every time you switch pattern when trying to record these automation points in, you’ll have to mess with states resetting. Even if you record opening the filter of one track from 0 to 32 in pattern A01, pattern A02 will not have that information so the filter will reset to whichever state it was in when you created that pattern. So before starting pattern A02 and recording in new automation, you’ll have to adjust the filter up to 32 and then do the rest of that sweep over however many patterns the song requires.

Honestly at that point you’re much better off controlling these machines from a DAW or an MPC where you can program these automations in an interface that isn’t locked into this pattern paradigm.

3 Likes

no worries, I think Ricky is on the Long Beach side of things, anyway I always tell my friends to try to remember that LA people come from wherever you came from so no matter where you are might as well learn to live with them :slight_smile:

I loved the video Ricky did on the Digirtakt Triggers, hopefully they’ll get him on the job cause his pace and temperament is good for learning

3 Likes

Just wondering…
Has anyone tried to program two or more Elektron machines connected via MIDI with one being the “master” machine that sends program changes AND at the same time activate song mode with different structures on each machine? I wonder what will happen.
Will the “slave” machines follow the “master” machine song structure?
Or will they follow their own structure of the song programmed on each machine?

2 Likes

I didn’t try it but I would expect that one of them override the other. At least, it has to be implemented to avoid unexpected results. This is a good thought.

1 Like

You can set them up to work either way. Both are possible and work well.

A cool thing would be parameter locking per row. That would kill everything!

2 Likes

Would love if we could specify where to start the sequence, instead of just where to end it. This was a great part about MD’s song mode, i miss it. It also enables looping within patterns which is a very sweet and not uncommon feature imo. And I notice some space for new columns… Would be nice in addition to @Roger 's “track lock” suggestion.

8 Likes

M:C where y‘at?

1 Like

I assume this is possible if you choose to send (or not) the PC from the Master device to the others.

But the question from @Kowalski was :

I wouldn’t recommend to do so, but it’s intriguing.

Was thinking about this as well. That would propel it into even more usable in the studio

5 Likes

Yes this is essentially this is the Offset function from the OT’s arranger. I would love to see this in the digi’s song mode

5 Likes

I’d like to see row conditions :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Hi all,

I recently noticed that one of my favourite tricks, [PAGE] + [YES] to latch fill mode doesn’t work anymore after upgrading the firmware. [YES] + [FILL] doesn’t work either, but I don’t care about that too much :slight_smile:

Am I alone with this? If not, can I please have it back?

5 Likes

Welcome to Elektronauts

This is an acknowledged regression and should be addressed in a forthcoming update, but no timetable for when yet

6 Likes