iOS-iPhone DAWs & apps

I’d be surprised if a cheap AliExpress mic is better than the internal one.

I own one of these and it works great.

I know Shure makes an actual condenser mic as well.

It is.

The workflow of sampling system audio on a Mac.

If you can connect iPad to Mac via usb-c using IDAM, is there any way to connect 2 iPads or and iPad and iPhone using usb-c and have one show up as an audio input on the other?

The iConnectivity Audio 2+/4+/4c gives you this feature between iPads. But you won’t be able to have your PC also in the loop (you could do your PC and 1 iPad, or use the iConnecitivity between the iPads and then run the audio output into another interface).

There is no direct USB C option as of now.

sounds like it might not be your thing if you focus on what it can’t do

Not focussed, just discussing. It’s an important issue for anyone who wants to sample hi def music without having to worry about interfaces or cables :slightly_smiling_face: Just a bit frustrating. So yep until it is resolved, you’re right it won’t work for me for my sampling needs, but it’s great for all the amazing and innovative synths and I’ll continue using it for them.

maybe write Apple an email: feature-request@apple.com

Apologies in advance because I know very little about iOS music making.

So, I’m running a couple of Volcas into my Zoom H6, and today experimented with running that into my iPhone with GarageBand via the camera connection kit to get some reverb, and it worked but the reverbs in Garageband didn’t sound so great.

I see that there is an option for inter app audio for effects in GarageBand, and I was wondering if there is an app that works with Garageband that you would recommend for reverb? Ideally reverb and delay, but reverb is more important to me.

Thanks!

You are n the midst of a Black Friday/Cyber Monday sale at the App Store. There are lots of good options at the moment. Here are a few I would suggest checking out…

Any of the FabFilter apps (expensive but very nice sounding and will be happy) $20-30 range

Any of the Eventide apps (less expensive, not cheap, great sounding) $8-15 range

Any of the Bleass apps (very affordable, great sounding, great starting point) $2-10 range

These are sale prices so will all go up after a while.

Going for the Bleass apps would be a good call because you could add a couple others to play with as well. Enjoy!

1 Like

Thanks very much! Are there any particular Bleass apps you would recommend?

I have a few and like them all. To start, you could get the standard delay and reverb to cover your needs. I also have and enjoy the Shimmer reverb, it has a long, trailing type reverb you can make drones and soundscape type stuff with. I also recommend the Dragonfly tremolo and Bleass compressor. The Slow Machine is also popular and fun.
For the price, especially on sale, I think they are great. It’s also nice getting a few of them all from the same company because the interfaces will become familiar to you and easy to use. Go big, drop $20 and get 5-6 new FX and spend the rest of the day tweaking!

1 Like

Cheers, man. I took your advice and grabbed like five different effects last night. Gonna give them a go after work today.

post your music moneybags

Much like music making, the subtle art of /sarcasm/ is lost on you.
Relax and enjoy yourself while I play with my 7 hardware samplers.

When the power of words fail you, always resort to memes.

it’s hard to keep up with you though, they do say sarcasm is the highest form of wit. Closely followed by irony

IceWorks apps
FAC Fred Anton Corvest apps
Ape Matrix daw + it’s apps for wild routing

Is there an iOS synth that can load custom user samples as the waveform/oscillator? Ideally I’m looking for something simple similar to the DT’s subtractive sample/synth engine. But anything that can load custom user samples would be great, although I’m not interested in granular stuff like Samplr etc. Thanks.

EDIT: I know I could build one in Drambo… but I don’t have the patience… I’d rather off the shelf if there is one that I’ve missed.

Borderlands Granular is on sale for $12.99 today only (Developers 30th Birthday!)

Quite Possibly the best Granular synth available in any format, software or hardware!

The people on the beep street forum are very friendly and some will even help you build an instrument rack if you ask them. Especially if it’s a challenging build :slight_smile: