[iOS] Tensor - Kit & Pattern Randomizer for the Model line

To follow up:

On the iPhone I pressed the purchase button and entered my password and I got the message that I had already purchased the app and it let me download it.

I also was getting the automatic crash on V1.1, iPhone 6S Plus. V1.2 resolved for me.

I still had to manually search for Tensor in the App Store to update to 1.2 for some reason. The update balloon didn’t automatically show up over the App Store icon like normal. An available update didn’t show up when I hit my profile icon in the upper right corner like normal either. Apple must be doing something weird with the App Store.

Anyway, it all works now, so hopefully this helps someone. Thanks @mekohler!

2 Likes

Updated to latest IOS and now it’s working.

The UI looks a bit wonky. Some of the elements are overlapping, which mean they cannot be pressed. See the elements at the bottom

In the past I’ve had users who were using the iPhone Zoom option / setting. This messes up the resolution detection of the app. What iPhone model are you using?

Zoom setting is turned off.

iPhone 8 Plus

Weird. Another update will be submitted tonight to address UI issues. Again, they work on my iPhone 7 / 11 Plus and all iPhone model simulators…frustrating :’[

I think because all the “plus” models use downscaling when rendering UI, my code is missing their detection. It should be fixed next update!

1 Like

Legend, thanks for the update. :+1:

@mekohler any plans to port the AR version to iPhone? :wink:

Maybe once I figure out all these iPhone irregularities :wink:

2 Likes

Update 1.3:

• Added Tensor Version # to the Help Menu
  • Fixed detection of iPhone 6+, 6s+, 7+ and 8+
  • Various iPhone UI Fixes
  • Optimizations

Hope this works for those experiencing UI issues!

3 Likes

I’m unable select the correct midi out port.

Tried both the USB straight into cycles and irig midi.

Meaning? You need to select a port for MIDI OUT also. You can swipe up and down on those tables to see more things below…

3 Likes

I can’t believe I missed that :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Update 1.4:

• Fixes Minor UI Issues
2 Likes

The update has made things wonky for me.

iPhone 8 Plus

Weird, clicking on one of the buttons fixes the issue. UI slots back into place.

hrrrm, well the 2nd pic is not how it should look like anyways…those pan sliders are way too
big…this is my iPhone 8 + Simulator in Xcode

What happens if enable the phone to rotate and then rotate it?

I guess I’ll need to track down a 7+ / 8+ to see what Apple is fucking up

I have rotate enabled but can’t get the app to rotate.

It’s only a small quirk so I wouldn’t worry about it :wink:

Nah that looks like shit, I need to fix it…and it should rotate fine…it does here. I’ll submit one more hail mary update tonight and if that doesn’t work I need to borrow an 8+ from a local

Edit: I think I found the bug, we shall see!

2 Likes

Very cool app, @mekohler! Trying it out on my iPhone 6. Tiny, but working pretty well so far. One issue that I can’t seem to figure out is that when a kit is sent, only track one gets the new preset. T2-T6 are unchanged. Ideas? (Rec CC is on, Enc I+E, Track MIDI out is on for each one) App settings seem right.

1 Like

On the iPhone version there are Track Selections for the Pattern Generator and Kit / Sound Design (T1 - T6)…Make sure the Tracks you want to affect are selected

2 Likes